anything can fit in anything with a lil magic

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
No, but the 1.6EL dash parts will fit. A 1.6EL is very very similar to a 6th gen Civic sedan.

1.7EL parts are more liikely to fit in a 7th gen Civic since it is so similar to a 7th gen sedan.

I would not be surprised if the 7th gen dash is a bit too long for the 6th gen even.

iloveS-ilver-EX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Eg6-LiLbOy916 said:
anything can fit in anything with a lil magic
im assumming "lil magic" is a name brand for some lube? lol and yea he right wit wiring diagrams u could pretty do any dash swap unless it analog to digital i think

tye

S.T.U.D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you have enough money you can do anything.

srsx

5+ Year Member
how about the wiring harness??

what does the el uses?
what has to be done

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'd be willing to bet there is a good chance that the '04 1.7EL uses a similar wiring harness as the 7th gen Civic uses. That means more than likely it won't match up to the 6th gen Civic car harness.

You might want to join up ClubEL though. They'd be more likely to know for sure. Mayeb someone could even snap some shots of some plugs. :what:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
For reference, here is a 2003 1.7EL dash.

And here's the dash to a 7th gen Civic sedan

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Also, the year of your car might still matter too. A '99-'00 dash harness is probably more likely to match up to at leats parts to the 7th gen harnesses than a '96-'98 dash harness would.

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hmm Im thinkin now, I wonder if its possible to do a 7th gen dash in a 6th gen cause hell I'd do it

cole

holding monster
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i personaly like the 99-00 dash , and thats as an alltime fave of most cars, ive just grown so used to it

postal21

vroom vroom
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah that 1.7EL is definetly not fitting in a 6th generation civic without some serious modification. You might as well custom prefab your own dash. But its crazy how similiar it is to the 7th gen civics.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:werd:

If someone wanted to do it, they might as well get a Civic dash and then get the climate control and the lower console from the EL.

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Youd have to do the heater core swap too if you have a 96-98 :(

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yep. Still just not woth it imo. I wouldn't put a '99-'00 dash in my car though. Maybe another '96-'98.. even if I'd have to rewire for it.. but ont another stock, boring looking dash with funny knobs on it. It's not worth that much work to me.