2007 Civic EX - Stereo Welcome Message

EBounding

5+ Year Member
I got a 2007 EX (no navigation) today and I'm loving it. But one little thing that's been irritating me is how the "Welcome" message is not appearing on the stereo when I put the accessories on or turn on the car. I know I saw it during test drives. I checked the manual for it and it described how to change the custom message by holding the Tune knob and then the Power/Volume knob. It'll then display the character you want to change. The only thing that happens though is the radio turning on. There's no blinking cursor or anything to change the characters. And like I said, the default "WELCOME" message isn't even appearing in the first place.

I'm sure there's some small silly thing I'm missing, which is why I'd rather embarrass myself here before I go talk to the dealership about it. Fortunately though this has been my only problem.

Thanks all.

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
umm..i dont see why it wouldnt show..never heard of this problem before

doug piston

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i changed mine so its says adams f'in car everytime she gets turned on. gives it that kinda homey feeeling

EBounding

5+ Year Member
I went to the dealer and one of them said that it'll only show it on Civic coupe's. I checked the sedan in the showroom and it indeed did not show the Welcome message. Can anyone with an EX sedan verify this? Because I swear I saw it when I test drove one at another dealership.

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
maybe the car just feels like your not welcom?

ill instant message my friend who has an 8th gen 4door

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
oh..ha yeah i didnt know u had a 4 dr..yeah last i heard u couldnt change the welcome messege..didnt know it didnt have one

TheCrazy1

i-VTEC addict
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah, for some reason they didn't include this feature on the sedans. Couldn't imagine why not, I'd want to feel welcome in my sedan... :what:

LikWidv1

NBA-NaturalBornAsshole
5+ Year Member
TheCrazy1 said:
Yeah, for some reason they didn't include this feature on the sedans. Couldn't imagine why not, I'd want to feel welcome in my sedan... :what:

Um...he drives a Sedan, but if you dont have the Navigation, you wont ge the welcome...

TheCrazy1

i-VTEC addict
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
LikWidv1 said:
Um...he drives a Sedan, but if you dont have the Navigation, you wont ge the welcome...
I know... I've been aware of that for a long time because my dad has an LX sedan. I just don't get why HONDA didn't include this little feature in the sedans.

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i notice this happens ONLY when you actually turn the car ON (in other words the engine is started, nt putting it to acces.)