2007 Civic Type R

lynch

5+ Year Member
Shiznit said:
im not impressed by it at all...
i cant help but notice something, actually a couple of cricial points here. as im in the uk iv been readin a bit of press on he thing as its platered over 50% of all this months car mags.
honda have lost their way, the stylin on the last one was "me too" stylin, but it was neat and not to offensive, thats why its like the most common performance car on the road where i live.

however, this styling is far too annoying, it looks like its made out of lego and other various crazy toys, so i think it looks kinda poor realy.its a gamble.

did you know, out is the tried and tested pioneered and proven indipendant suspension at the back, in is french thinking, "lets save money guys" so for your £17000 you get a f***ing torsion bar on the back, handling WILL suffer!

however it is due to be lighter, how much i dont know, but im gettin about ready to say we may have seen the peak.

first no new integra type r in the uk (dc5), then no new accord type r, then thy stop makin the nsx , then they say they want to start competing in the executive marlet in eurpoe, and now this abomination. bah, i hope this thing porves to be at least as good as the 7th gen.

also for this sector of the uk market, the honda is now the least prwerfull punch for your pund, 197bhp, wheresas the new ford focus has 212bhp, and the vauxhall astara has 238bhp and the vw golf has 200bhp.

in closing on this enormous post, im dissapointed,and i hope they wake up out of our nightmare!

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I hear you lynch, I know I am gonna catch flame for this on but last night I was parcked next to a scion tc and could not help but think " thats a damn good looking car" so I ask my completly unbiased fiance " what looks better my Si or that car. she replied " O definatly that car ..... Sorry babe" but I kinda agreed with her I bought the Si for the potential, the K, the Honda logo, and the aftermarket support

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think these should be in the first post instead of that ugly redish orange one :lol:

chameleon30038

Inquisitive
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn those are 20's!

TripeoXxX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So f**king sexy man.

And yes the Scion TC is a bad ass looking car. I've seen thousands of them already but can't turn away everytime I see one, cause they look too good..

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
o yeah the type r is hawt, but when I amde this thread the pictures had not been realesed yet.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
EWWWWWW! That yellow car is fugly. Nasty wheels and the Type R stickers look gay. Oh, and it's the ugly ass hatchback.

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think it looks ten times better then the orange one does.... But then again really good pics can work wonders for many things....

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
But then again, they're still both ugly. ;) It's just the lesser of two uglies.

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium

The Euro Civic Type-R has officially been let of out its cage, and its non-turbocharged (thats refreshing)
2.0L DOHC i-VTEC engine generates about 197 horsepower of front-tire shredding fun. Alberto says it looks even better
in person, and even though the Type R being shown in Geneva is technically a concept we expect the production version
to be very similar.

Live shots, press shots and Hondas rather uninspired press release after the
jump.

CIVIC TYPE R CONCEPT

Dynamic styling, exciting performance

Over 35,000
customers have been thrilled by the current Civic Type R far more than originally forecast. A CTR
fan base has developed, and now enthusiasts from the UK, mainland Europe and Japan enjoy the raw, involving and
exhilarating super hatch Type R experience.

But while the previous model is a tough act to
follow, the credentials of the Civic Type R Concept suggest the new 2007 car will attract a whole new wave of
enthusiasts.

>Bold and emotional styling is teamed with further development of the current Type Rs
race-proven, high-revving DOHC i-VTEC engine.

200PS is delivered from the 2.0 litre motor without resorting
to a turbocharger part of what defines the current CTR and a feature that will equally define the character of
its spiritual successor.

The promise is of a performance hatchback that will be as exciting to drive as it will
be to look at when it goes on sale at the beginning of 2007.

A new 3-door version of the Civic, which
shares DNA with this Type R Concept model, will go on sale in Europe later this year. It makes use of many of the
styling themes that have brought such wide praise for the recently introduced Civic 5-door.

Civic Type R and
the rest of the Civic 3-door range, will be exclusively built alongside the Civic 5-door range at the Honda of the UK
Manufacturing (HUM) plant in Swindon.

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the type r is hot. i wish i could buy one!!

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha, it looks like a lemon, should be sponsored by sunkist