2007 Honda Civic EX balancing/rim question

gammah

5+ Year Member
I have a 2007 Honda Civic EX (Automatic) with the alloy rims (standard). On each rim, there is a different number of "magnets" inside the rim for balancing. On my Acura TL, the front 2 have the same count and the back 2 have the same count.

Whoever has a 2006+ Honda Civic EX with the alloy rims, how many magnets are on your front left, front right, back left and back right rims (look inside the rims)?

Why do I ask? I took my car to Firestone today to get an oil change and rotation, and the guy told me right away that the tires needed balancing. I told him just to rotate it since I am not having any problems. So I drop the car off and head out to go bike riding. I then come back to pick up the car and on the drive home the back of the car is making rattling noises!!!! The car only has 13,xxx miles on it!! This is the first time the rotation has been done on the car. Yeah yeah, my bad for waiting. I totally did not think about it when I had the oil changed the first time at 7000 miles at a Honda Dealership.

Gammah

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
balancing is very important, everyones wheels will never have the same balance as your wheels, also. They're not magnets, they're sticky weights.