2008 LX sway bar

pdearing

5+ Year Member
I am about to take delivery of a 2008 LX sedan. I want to upgrade the suspension to handle better. Is it a straight bolt on to replace the LX sway bars (24mm front and 10 mm rear) for Civic SI sway bars (27 mm front and 17 mm rear)? Does any one have experience with this? Thanks.

Peter

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im pretty sure the rear is, but dont change the front, everything ive read says the front is too strong and people would be swapping over for the lx/ex front sways if they were solid and not hollow

pdearing

5+ Year Member
pdearing

I'll start with the rear and see if the front needs more bar. I know from experience if the rear gets too strong relative to the front the handling balance can get off. From what I read, the Si balance is pretty good. Thanks for the input. I'll let you know how I make out.

peter

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
alright.

on another site all the Si people are looking for a thinner bar and are trying to get a company to make one

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^whats wrong with the si bar? is it 2 big? front or back?

if you get a bigger sway bar in back= over steer. the back end will get ass happy and slide out.
if you get a bigger sway bar in front = understeer. you turn the wheel but the car wants to go straight.

yelohandL

5+ Year Member
Si can go through salom faster than viper. haha im just throwing in random stuff in here. i don kno if thats gonna affect anybody in this thread but, good to know our cars can go through salom faster than viper right?!?

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the civic EX goes through the slolem as fast as a porshe, i believe it was the 911