2009 Civic Si Seats: Could be Better?

watkinsglenfan

5+ Year Member
I've had my new 09 Si for a month and I'm very pleased overall. If there is one thing I would change it is the seats. I almost didn't buy the car because of this. I would have liked a lumbar adjust but can live without that. What isn't going away is the minor discomfort from the angle of the seat (not the back support) not being tipped back enough and not adjustable. Does anyone else feel this way?
I'm scratching my head considering a home modification, but it is not straightforward - the front mounts are vertical, not flat on the floor where a spacer could be added.
Anyone with a good idea??

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
buy new seats?

Slickcivic

No Low is Too Low
5+ Year Member
Maybe you're just too tall or big for a Civic.

Delete the other posts I pressed the "Post Quick Reply" button a couple of times sorry.

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You could modify the rails, cut horizontally on the front section above the mounting section, weld in a little piece of metal on both sides and the front is raised permanently. :what:

I've seen some guys do this but the other way (as in cutting a piece out and rewelding back together) when they need to lower their seats as they are too tall for their cars...

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah im sure you can find a sturdy L bracket to weld back on there or something, use some ingenuity