20's on a 2000 Civic SI; what do I need to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CivicBoy80

Banned
Yo,

I got some 20 inch Lexani's that I want to throw on my 2000 Civic SI I just bought. Obviously since I got 20's money ain't nothin'. What do I need to do to my coupe? Raise it? I'm down as long as it down rub the fenders. I heard bout this forum from a google search and I'm hopin that this can happen. 20's 5% tint and 4 seconds on my SI watch. Peace

Bob Mckenzie

5+ Year Member
If you want ur civic to run nice put 16 or 17" rims on 20's r toooo big it'll look kool no doubt, but it won't move out of ur driveway.

kangaroo

..........UPS.........
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If money ain't nothing you should have got a Escalade and throw some 30" on there...........that would be pimp...............on a civic......the biggest rim anyone should put on ever would be 18".......even then it wouldn't look that good.

But hey.......you'll be different with 20's on your civic.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the question is simple.. 20s on a civic.. what do i need..its not whats your opinion.. or should i do this...

"what do i need to run 20s on my si"

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You said your buddy works in a rim shop and he said they would fit, so ask him.

None of us can reall help you. I think you are the first pioneer to put 20's on a 6th gen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
CivicBoy80 said:
Yo,

I got some 20 inch Lexani's that I want to throw on my 2000 Civic SI I just bought. Obviously since I got 20's money ain't nothin'. What do I need to do to my coupe? Raise it? I'm down as long as it down rub the fenders. I heard bout this forum from a google search and I'm hopin that this can happen. 20's 5% tint and 4 seconds on my SI watch. Peace
Yo. :???:

First of all, an EM1 has a ground stomping 111 ftlbs torque. You put 20"s on that b***h and you will get owned by Toyota Yarises. Kids on Raleigh 10 speeds are going to make fun of you. Old women on Rascal scooters are going to hole you.

Second of all, people that really have money, I mean real money, typically do not brag about it. People that brag about it are A: Slinging or B: Still living at Mom's so they don't have any bills and that $18,000 a year working at McDonalds seems like a lot of money. It's not.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you would do exactly the same thing that you would do if you put airbags on your ride. you need to do major cutting to your wheel wells, just measure things and start cutting. youre going to need to roll your fenders also

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
what is the offset of the 20's as well as the width? That's information we need, not just the height of the wheels. Also what profile tire?

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
seriously though, youre on the wrong web site asking for advice and help. 98% of what goes on in this site is performance oriented, i.e. 15" wheels, boost, suspension. we dont roll on twanks........... GL with everything though, sounds like a one of a kind setup your going for

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dude, you said you had a custom wheel/stereo shop, we should be asking you these qeustions...

Status
Not open for further replies.