253eg's pic/build-up thread. nono56kgtfo.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good question.

• Lower more
  • White Crow bumper
  • New BYS lip, Wings West RS lip, First Moldings lip, or keep my ghetto bys
  • Rusted hood
  • J's Racing slip-on wing
  • Widened steelies. 15x8 +25offset, flat/matte black
  • Yakima Bike rack. tryna hit them mountains up this summer
As for performance..
I'm kinda undecided on going through with my mini-me and maybe boosting that. Or, swapping to a B
  • Lower more = FTW
  • White Crow bumper = ballin
  • First Moldings lip = that one
  • Rusted hood = why... thats a VW thing i thought.
  • J's Racing slip-on wing = ive always wanted to see some good pics of one! i was thinking about getting one myself.
  • Widened steelies. 15x8 +25offset, flat/matte black = awesome
  • Yakima Bike rack. tryna hit them mountains up this summer = cool

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't believe in one group of cars have/starting a certain style/look. Or the thought of "since that scene does it.. we shouldn't." I also hate with so much passion the whole "it's a Honda, it has to be like this." But, I also appreciate what the ricer scene and the jdm scene has done to Hondas and how it has given everyone more of an opportunity to that bit different from someone.

I guess that's what you could say I'm doing. Going against the trends and views to be different from the majority. Could say I'm biting of Arnel and the VW crowd. I'm also doing my car how I want it to look. I didn't expect anyone to like the whole rusted hood idea, and that's fine with me.

But, I'm be smart about it and get a junkyard hood, that way, if I don't end up liking it, I didn't destroy my only hood. I should also mention I grew up around VWs, lotta my friends have VWs, and my first car was a mk1 Golf.

Discuss.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't believe in one group of cars have/starting a certain style/look. Or the thought of "since that scene does it.. we shouldn't." I also hate with so much passion the whole "it's a Honda, it has to be like this." But, I also appreciate what the ricer scene and the jdm scene has done to Hondas and how it has given everyone more of an opportunity to that bit different from someone.

I guess that's what you could say I'm doing. Going against the trends and views to be different from the majority. Could say I'm biting of Arnel and the VW crowd. I'm also doing my car how I want it to look. I didn't expect anyone to like the whole rusted hood idea, and that's fine with me.

But, I'm be smart about it and get a junkyard hood, that way, if I don't end up liking it, I didn't destroy my only hood. I should also mention I grew up around VWs, lotta my friends have VWs, and my first car was a mk1 Golf.

Discuss.
:word: i know how you feel about trying to be different and stand out.
ive always been on the fence with the rusted hoods. i think the older cars can pull it off, but when i see an 05 GTi with a rusted hood... it just seems like they ruined a perfectly good hood. lol

i say do it with a junkyard hood like you said.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey man, want an goofy SRR silicone knobby to go with your goofy Personal Teddiz?

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If we all stayed in the predefined "Honda" roll and only followed "Honda" trends ... we'd have some pretty borring-ass cars.

Hell, my car would be lame as hell. :(

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey man, want an goofy SRR silicone knobby to go with your goofy Personal Teddiz?
lol, I'll pass. I can't have too many goofy things and that wheel takes the cake.
If we all stayed in the predefined "Honda" roll and only followed "Honda" trends ... we'd have some pretty borring-ass cars.

Hell, my car would be lame as hell. :(
True. But, with how all the cars look now-a-days, almost near carbon copies of each other, it gets tiring to see the same parts on all the EBP Si's, the sudden BYS band wagoners, and the jdm oem look.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey man, i was never a fan of the rusted hood or rollin on steelies, but you can pull it off and i'll still like your car almost as much as i do now.

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey man, i was never a fan of the rusted hood or rollin on steelies, but you can pull it off and i'll still like your car almost as much as i do now.
Thanks. I'm only really steelies for maybe winter tires or some back ups. Something to just change up the look a bit. We'll all have to see how it all turns out.

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
True. But, with how all the cars look now-a-days, almost near carbon copies of each other, it gets tiring to see the same parts on all the EBP Si's, the sudden BYS band wagoners, and the jdm oem look.
I like what you did with yours. I didn't think it looked too much like any I had ever seen. How bout an EDM rear fog? If you can find one.

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I like what you did with yours. I didn't think it looked too much like any I had ever seen. How bout an EDM rear fog? If you can find one.
Thanks. But, I have seen at least 4 other white hatches in my area with BYS that tried to get really low. One person even tried copying my style of rims. Also, seems people are buying BYS just because it seems to be the "in" thing.

I think I can pull this off though. If not, I'll still have all my old parts to go back too.

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm sure you can pull off whatever look you go for as long as you continue to pick quality parts. I'm done with cheap parts myself. Also you should be flattered that people are copying you.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Personally I don't like the J's wing. Do rusted hood and get widened steelies, but than rust the steelies too. Now that's some unique s**t right there.

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Personally I don't like the J's wing. Do rusted hood and get widened steelies, but than rust the steelies too. Now that's some unique s**t right there.
Nah, I seen rusted steelies/wheels and it didn't really appeal to me. I wanna do something like these;