4th gens with swaps...i wanna hear stories

mizjif

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey. Im very very much considering having a tranny/engine swap done on my '91 hatch and i wanna hear some stories of guys who have swaps in their 4th gens about how quick they are, any races they've been in against other cars, what swaps they have in, what the cheapest or easiest one is for a 4th gen etc. I've heard ppl talk about how they've got b16 swaps or what ever but never how quick they are after that compared to normal.

Also, theres a full b18a1 drivetrain swap for 900 bucks canadian=750 ish U.S.

I know it's a a1 and makes 130 hp and is non-vtec but would this be a worthy swap??

anyways enough questions.
thanks

mizjif

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
someones gotta have a story or something. c'mon

h22dreamer

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont bother man. idiots post here for no reason and not even answering ur questions (in ur case storys) not mentioning any names.

element_323

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I used to have a 89 Crx HF with insane hp at 75HP. Got tired of rolling in the HF and bought an Si, swapped a b16a and it felt really fast with the help of a 9lb ACT flywheel, chipped ECU. I raced a 94 Accord with a H22 and beat him. I raced a gsr and beat him maybe the driver sucked who knows. If you want more power just swap and build it up gradually like I did. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.