5th gen 6th gen filter swap HELP!

DannCuk

5+ Year Member
I swapped the K&N induction filter from an old 95 Civic LSI (5th gen), onto a 95 Civic ESI (5th gen), which was fine. And now I have swapped the same induction kit onto my 98 Civic vti (6th gen)...

Is this a wise move or not????!?!?!?!

It seems to run ok so far, took it out for a spin earlier.... Sounds beastly when flooring it, sounds f**king ridiculous when the vtec kicks in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock::shock::shock::shock:

Slight whistling sound when accelerating,
the temp seems to be roughly at half where it should be....

I'm no mechanic, but my thinking was that: as long as the filter was filtering air, and the seals all fit then it should be ok???

The filter sits slightly too far back in the engine bay, as I had to bend the bracket thing it came with to mount it onto the car, but I got the hose and put it from the front grill and pointed right at the filter...

Excuse my non technical language I have very little/no idea what i am doing ! lol:lol:

civicturbo91

professional bitchslapper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sounds good. as long as it fits i dont see why there would be a problem.

DannCuk

5+ Year Member
Phew !

any ideas what the whistling noise could be???

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aftermarket intakes make that slight whistling noise. Most easily heard at idle. It's normal.

But as long as your check engine light (CEL) isn't on and your car is running fine, there shouldn't be any problems.

DannCuk

5+ Year Member
Aftermarket intakes make that slight whistling noise. Most easily heard at idle. It's normal.

But as long as your check engine light (CEL) isn't on and your car is running fine, there shouldn't be any problems.
Ahhh, I see, noticed the whistling when i put the filter on the ESI, not on the LSI, but a lot more on VTI!! strangely.

No engine light on, yet... and its running ok.. slightly spluttery but I was running on fumes, since I have filled it up it seems fine so far..