5th gen dash

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey how do i take apart my dash to install a cd player? Ive posted this in pther threads but no one ever posts. Someone please help ive been without my cd player for months and it sucks!!!

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
CivicEXofD0om said:
Hey how do i take apart my dash to install a cd player? Ive posted this in pther threads but no one ever posts. Someone please help ive been without my cd player for months and it sucks!!!
it depends if it still has the stock radio.. with mine i just reach to the back and push it out. but i have not screws holding it. ill take a look and let you know asap

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah my car has the stock tape palyer/radio. i have a wiring harness.

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
CivicEXofD0om said:
yeah my car has the stock tape palyer/radio. i have a wiring harness.
you could of used your old harness.. it always works for me. as for taking of the radio i still cant picture it in my head i have to take a look

B16A2_CIVIC

Think. Feel. Drvie.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well wen i put it in my boy to out the stock radoi in like 2 mins but again he used to steal civics

RiceburnerRyan

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hahaha to take out the radio i think all you have to do is take out the bottom part of the dash .. ya kno like where the cig lighter and change thing is .. and then you can pretty much have full access to the radio..

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
RiceburnerRyan said:
hahaha to take out the radio i think all you have to do is take out the bottom part of the dash .. ya kno like where the cig lighter and change thing is .. and then you can pretty much have full access to the radio..
im pretty sure thats what i did... i have a bad memory for things i dunt need anymore.. thats why when i took out the stock tape player and put in the tv radio i just slide it into place so theres no problems if i wanna take it back out... i would go with the bottom of the dash but im sure if you drop you glove box you have some access to some screws.. i cant think and its been to cold to go sit in my car and check..

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
RiceburnerRyan said:
yeah its easy..
i like that little saying under your avi' ( i eat rice for breakfast ) kinda what i been saying when i beat civics.. f**k honda.. you have to see the looks they give you when you say it.. it is kinda funny

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok i got my stuff in. thanks for the help. the only thing that sucked is i took a chunk off my finger. its cool tho. looks clean. ill take pics soon.

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
EF_CaSe said:
i like that little saying under your avi' ( i eat rice for breakfast ) kinda what i been saying when i beat civics.. f**k honda.. you have to see the looks they give you when you say it.. it is kinda funny

so..a Hulk styled honda civic isnt considered rice to you? :shock:

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
99GSRHatch said:
so..a Hulk styled honda civic isnt considered rice to you? :shock:

not really... and what is hulk styled??? it just had a pic og hulk on it.. numb nuts

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
EF_CaSe said:
not really... and what is hulk styled??? it just had a pic og hulk on it.. numb nuts

now that i think about it it might of been rice but i paid nuttin for the car.. got the car for 250 with a b16 built.. (reasons why)... and it was painted for free all i needed to buy was and extra can of paint.. the air brushing was also done for free.. he wanted me to put his name out there.. cuz my car was one of the fastest all motor civics around here.. who cares i made my money off the car and kept the motor..

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you got an EG Hatch with a B16 in it...for 250 bucks?...was it stolen or something? No offense...but if you can get deals like that hook it up yoooo ahha

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
99GSRHatch said:
you got an EG Hatch with a B16 in it...for 250 bucks?...was it stolen or something? No offense...but if you can get deals like that hook it up yoooo ahha

i got it for 250 because he was gettin locked up and needed money and i let him keep a pair of 03 si rims he sold.. i was giving him more because he has a family of his own but hes like nah since you hook me up all the time just give me 250 but lend me an extra couple hundred.. the car was clean but needed to be painted... i know its hard to believe but its true.. and it is hard to come by deals like that..

o0kuam0o

Master of Ceremonies
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sweet deal... but on info for the radio removal, all you have to do is pull out the bottom part of the console, like they said, there will be a gold screw near the back of the radio on the bottom.. all you ahve to do is undo that screw, unplug the harness, and install ur new stereo.. its that simple..