5th gen hatch rear speakers

ventturei26

Capt. Fuse
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yo does any body ahve these? i been trying to find a pair to look at. does the speaker bolt onto the actual panel or are there actual speaker mounts behind it like im thinking?

hondagod98

5+ Year Member
i think that rear speakers were an option - and not many came with them.... try going to a dealer and looking up a part number for the pod that the speaker mounts in... if i remember correctly it's kinda like a rex - some of the si models came with rear speakers and some didn't - you just have to find one that did in a junkyard and pull the rear pods out - another option is making your own.... fiberglass is fun.....

ventturei26

Capt. Fuse
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i know all that but i work or go to school at any time i could go to auburn honda, ive tried to go before but wjen i went they couldnt even find the part number or a picture

eg6_310

5+ Year Member
ventturei26 said:
i know all that but i work or go to school at any time i could go to auburn honda, ive tried to go before but wjen i went they couldnt even find the part number or a picture
The rear speaker basket and trim panel were sold as accessory items at the dealer. Unfortunately, they've discontinued accessories for all model years before 95 which would include our EGs. So the junk yard would be the best place to start. AI does offer a rear speaker mounting plate (www.aius.net) part # HSB-502 but I'm not sure whether this is exactly the part necessary. Regardless, there still needs to be some sort of baffle behind the speaker to create the best sound output possible. Well, I asked someone to order it with their next AI shipment and once I try it out I'll let ya know how it works out. It still leaves the question of the replacement panel with the integrated speaker openings up in the air, however.

If you have a decent head unit and speakers, front stage should be sufficient for your audio needs. I have a Pioneer DEH-P7700MP and Focal separates with an old school Fosgate Punch 45 and it's just fine. I'm gonna see if rear fill actually make a big difference but I can more than live without it with the current set up.

ventturei26

Capt. Fuse
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol and actually rear makes a big difference in sound quality, a tthis time i have a pionerr headunit (i dont know exsact model, but its was 300$ last year), ive got alpine type r in front, pioner prmeir 760 watt amp and a 1000 watt audiobahn q sub. pounds but not close to what im paying off at the audio store

eg6_310

5+ Year Member
ventturei26 said:
lol and actually rear makes a big difference in sound quality, a tthis time i have a pionerr headunit (i dont know exsact model, but its was 300$ last year), ive got alpine type r in front, pioner prmeir 760 watt amp and a 1000 watt audiobahn q sub. pounds but not close to what im paying off at the audio store
Eh, I've had a number of cars with systems in em and optioned for better rear fill but the set up I'm using in the EG seems fine. Rear fill is exactly that, rear fill. I'm going to experiment with some mockups and see how much of a difference it will make. But now that the Focals have "broken in" I'm getting a really nice full range of sound out of em. Clean highs, good midbass. I'm certainly not interested in cramping up the small cargo / trunk area with a sub, amp, etc. Trying to keep things very minimalist.