5th generation trims

moltar

5+ Year Member
I saw the thread with the trim explanations, so please don't panic =)

I am looking to buy a 5th generation civic. I've been doing a lot of reading and looking around for "for sale" civics. I see a lot, but I am always confused about the trims. Please tell me which trims to look for with these features: Power windows, power doors, power mirrors, moonroof.

I noticed that hatch Si has moonroof, but from my understanding this model had never had any power items. But on the other hand sedan had all the power stuff, but not the moonroof.

I saw someone advertising a coupe as an "Si", that just doesn't seem right according to the trim post.

Thanks!

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
moltar said:
I saw the thread with the trim explanations, so please don't panic =)

I am looking to buy a 5th generation civic. I've been doing a lot of reading and looking around for "for sale" civics. I see a lot, but I am always confused about the trims. Please tell me which trims to look for with these features: Power windows, power doors, power mirrors, moonroof.

I noticed that hatch Si has moonroof, but from my understanding this model had never had any power items. But on the other hand sedan had all the power stuff, but not the moonroof.

I saw someone advertising a coupe as an "Si", that just doesn't seem right according to the trim post.

Thanks!
in the 5th gen. the SI was only a hatchback, and no it had no power items except for the moonroof, the EX i know has all the power items, LX im not too sure and DX had no power items, CX has no power, VX not sure, sorry if im not too much help but thats what i have for you.

moltar

5+ Year Member
So which model would be the most fully loaded? I am guessing '95 Sedan?

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
moltar said:
So which model would be the most fully loaded? I am guessing '95 Sedan?
Im not sure, im not real familiar with trims and models, it all really depends on what you want with it, most fully loaded is the EX, i dont know what the differences are between the coupe and sedans, a friend of mine has a 94 ex coupe it has power Everything, powersteering, cruise control, sunfoof, all that good stuff, all the unnecessary stuff he took out tho.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
EX Sedan or Coupe were fully loaded. with the SOHC VTEC, Power everything, moon roof, etc. Except the Sedan EX had the Rear disc brakes. while the Coupe didn't.

but in canada An Si is an EX here in the states. if im not wrong. the SIR only came in Hatchback.

Someone clear this up, im half asleep.. lol

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nope. me being from canada and in love with the sir would know this. SIR was only a coupe(trunk) and i think in the states that the Si had a b16a2 and in canada our SIR has a b16a2 and our Si has a d16y8. someone correct me if im wrong.

moltar

5+ Year Member
So in this case, what would be the highest trim for hatch and sedan in Canada?

Does this mean that hatches never came with pw/pl?

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
moltar said:
So in this case, what would be the highest trim for hatch and sedan in Canada?

Does this mean that hatches never came with pw/pl?
sorry didnt realize u were in canadia.

moltar

5+ Year Member
Now, after all, I think there is an Si Coupe. I just saw pics with a decal on the back. I know that this can be easily added, but it matches the description too. It has sunroof, power mirrors, but not pw pl or ac... haha! It's seems like there is no civic that has everything in it.