6th gen core support

quicksilver1689

tuning owns you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The core support on my 96 sedan has been f**ked for awaile. Its bent to s**t on the bottom and the hood release mechanism is off which makes my hood look all f**ked and not very flush. I found complete core supports on ebay. I was wondering if anyone here has put a new one in or taken one out before. There looks to be some small tack welds. Is it bolt in? or am i going to have to bust out the lincoln mig?

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
youre going to need that mig welder

quicksilver1689

tuning owns you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bump for some useful help?

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
theres a lot of fitment issues and structural strength dependant on that core support. you need to line it up perfectly. if you dont know how to do it i dont suggest you try. its very important that you do it perfectly. there arent any bolts, its welded on.

if youre going to give it a shot anyway then you have to drill out the spot welds, take a chizzle and seperate the old core support from the body. line up the new core support and tak weld it. so you can put the front end on to see fitment. once your happy with it remove the body parts and spot weld it up

quicksilver1689

tuning owns you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks, yeah im a little skepticle about the core replacement but i have expierence so i dont think itll be too much . Im just worried about the fitment and things changing. Thanks for the help!

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
where in tucson are you? im in tucson also, prince and cambell

supadupat

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just finished mine this past September... and I would like to say... don't get those cheap ebay ones!.. they're cheap yes.. but fitment isn't too great.. I had to pound a bit here and there..and bend there and here.. and get this.. IT'S MADE OF LIGHTER MATERIAL.. compare to the original honda one. .it feels like aluminum.. it's like super thin light steel.. so if you get into an accident .. you're f**ked.. it's made from cheap Taiwanese compaines.. if you're getting the cheap ones.. get the CAPA certified fitted ones... it's about 100$.. if you want original..which i Highly recommended.. go to hondaautomotiveparts.com or your honda dealer..

My reinforcment bar / bumper support bar .. was also from the same material cheap crap.. and a week ago.. my relative slowly backed into me..and s**t.. that cheap light weight bar bent in like nothing .. letting the bumper crushing my horn and my headlights cracked open...

it's good for lightweight reasons.. ( i wasn't planning, but i didn't know it was cheap material ) but you'll just pay more in the end.. like me.. SPREAD THE WORD.. . =) OEM IS QUALITY!.. you pay for what you get..

goodluck!

quicksilver1689

tuning owns you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks alot! i was considering the ebay deal cuz they were dirt cheap. Could you tell me how difficult it was to replace the core support?

supadupat

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
quicksilver1689 said:
Thanks alot! i was considering the ebay deal cuz they were dirt cheap. Could you tell me how difficult it was to replace the core support?
It wasn't too bad..it just takes time..

the sweating part is the drilling of the spot welds *unless you have a true spot driller, make things go easier/faster*

it wasnt too bad overall.. drill all the spot welds off.. take it off.. fit the new one right in.. spot weld or weld it back on.. =)

just be sure to take your time.. and remember where everything goes..

the ebay ones are the same ones from like carpartswholesale.com .. or any aftermarket part stores.. they all get it from the same place.. just different stores that sell it..

quicksilver1689

tuning owns you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats supadupat you gave me all the information i need. wish me good luck on the job.

supadupat

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
quicksilver1689 said:
thats supadupat you gave me all the information i need. wish me good luck on the job.
haha..goodluck.. let us know how its going.. and take some pictures? :D