6th gen DX; changing cluster bulbs

iOn

I like pie.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i recently changed them out on my DX cluster (no tach). there was only one 194 bulb and two 74/24 bulbs. i used 24 bulbs since i saw somewhere that it would fit (cant' find any 74 amber ones anyways)

so what i noticed is that the temp and speedo gauge faces light up amber but the fuel face is still stock color (bulb with blue condom). am i missing something or is it just supposed to be like that...

ps. -- i didn't change out the two top bulbs on the cluster if that matters.

singlecamEJ8

so USDM it hurts.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
for the bulbs that have a blue cover or "condom" as you refered to them, you simply need to find a clear bulb that goes in the socket and a red sharpie marker(red lights up amber) and color the bulb with it. i did all my EX cluster with clear bulbs and red sharpie, it lights up amber now

the top bulbs really dont matter...i didnt change mine.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
singlecamEJ8 said:
for the bulbs that have a blue cover or "condom" as you refered to them, you simply need to find a clear bulb that goes in the socket and a red sharpie marker(red lights up amber) and color the bulb with it. i did all my EX cluster with clear bulbs and red sharpie, it lights up amber now

the top bulbs really dont matter...i didnt change mine.
hmm, thats a damn good idea! How do they light up? Nice and bright?

iOn

I like pie.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i could do that... save some money. but i just have the problem with the fuel gauge face not lighting up amber.