6th gen wich is vtec wire color?

hondacivvtec

Rob
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
about to put in a "vtec light" ive found many forums on this. does anyone know the correct wire color for this.

silvertuner98

Banned
dont even have to search... its the green/yellow stripe wire. if ur hookin up an LED make sure u use a resistor with it

1999CivicEX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I posted the link so he could know exactly how to do it if he already didn't. I tried a yellow led but was very dim, green was decent blue was really bright

hondacivvtec

Rob
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
silvertuner98 said:
dont even have to search... its the green/yellow stripe wire. if ur hookin up an LED make sure u use a resistor with it
ok thats what i thought. i got a red led with a 330ohm resistor buil says it can handle 12 volts so i dont think ill have any problems. thanks a lot.

hondacivvtec

Rob
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1999CivicEX said:
I posted the link so he could know exactly how to do it if he already didn't. I tried a yellow led but was very dim, green was decent blue was really bright
yeah I searched a lot of articles on installing this but I kept reading things about the right wire color and wasnt sure. Im using a red led, I think it should turn out good. I should be wiring it up this weekend on the count of my dad wanting to help me "splice the wire". like its brain surgery or something.

1999CivicEX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hondacivvtec said:
yeah I searched a lot of articles on installing this but I kept reading things about the right wire color and wasnt sure. Im using a red led, I think it should turn out good. I should be wiring it up this weekend on the count of my dad wanting to help me "splice the wire". like its brain surgery or something.
Let me know how the red one turns out

hondacivvtec

Rob
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1999CivicEX said:
Let me know how the red one turns out
the red looks sweet at night it fills the gauge cluster with a huge glow. nice and bright even in day.