7th Gen ignition key system in 6th gen?

black_radiation

tinted death
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok so i got an idea today, i hate my wimpy ass little key that came with the 6th gens, i like the big beefy one that the new 7th gens have and i was wondering, if i got the ignition key slot, the keys(of course) would i be able to take this and make it work in my car, like take the wires form my current ignition, and either splice or run directly, i havent had a chance to get my steering column cover off to take a look at how its setup, but is this a plausable idea or what, cuz i thought it would be kewl if i mounted the key down by the shifter or something and molded it into my fiberglassed console?

if anyone has a parts list that i would need that would be great.

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So, you're saying, use a 7th gen ingnition in a 6th gen?

I really doubt it, but have no idea...

black_radiation

tinted death
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ya, i dunno i think it would be kewl tho, i dont see why it could because all it is is the key module that you are installing to complete the circuit ?

black_radiation

tinted death
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
and im not worried about theft because because i have 2 immobilizers installed and hidden (12v and fuel)

black_radiation

tinted death
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok got a quote from A1 honda auto parts for a key system, its about 200$ with a key (used) so not bad, gonna keep searchin tho

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It would be a decent idea. I like those keys better too. Why not get a fancy ingition and try it. Like a flip out key.

black_radiation

tinted death
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
like a BMW, ya already looked at that, different wires tho, because the bmw doesnt have an SRS wire on the ignition like the civic has

black_radiation

tinted death
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bump for someone to help me please need some help cuz i dont wanna spend 200$ on something and not have it work