8th gen Ex coupe vs 6th gen EX coupe

TripeoXxX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey fellas. Anyone have an 8th Gen coupe who can compare it to the 6th Gen EX coupe power wise? Does it feel like it has a little more power , less power or the same. How is the driving compared to each other? And which do you like better? was it worth the upgrade?

Thanks in advanced for replies.

99CivicSiBrian

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I haven't driven both so maybe my reply is useless, but it seems that based on numbers, it should be way more easy to drive the new one, meaning more torque and power down low. Fuel economy has improved. Displacement is greater so thats where the torque comes from. Crash safety is improved also.
I'd say if you're looking for an easy tuner stick with what you have but if you're up for a little more of a challenge go for the new one!!
B

xmariusx

5+ Year Member
I had a 98 civic ex until some cow plowed in the side of it.
I did notied that the 6 gen had a faster thottle response. It seemed that it is a lot lighter than the 8 gen. The 8 gen does have more horsepower and torq but it doesn't seem as fun as the 6 gen, It's just my opinion.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
an 8th gen base will rape your 6th gen ex, stock for stock. i've seen it happen

but the handling isn't as great, so im sure thats where the fun factor pretty much goes to the 6th gen...

Ek4C707

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have a 8th gen ex auto and a 6th ex manual. the 8th is heavier and a slower response from the throttle but feels it has more torque but the 6th has a faster throttle response but not as much torque as the 8th. but how can this help my 8th is auto.