8th gen. radio& speakers issue

bigred1

5+ Year Member
Looking forward in replacing my fact radio got from walmart a 200 watt Duel radio with the bell&wistle feature the problem I having is I don't want to loose anti-thift, willing to sacrifice? I bought a harness conection so that I don't cut fact conection harness, another connection among the same fact haness will not be used. What exactly is that conection; not mention in the picture found with in clubcivic forume on istalling 08 radio &indash kit, help is need? Also I was told I can use fact radio sound good but how do I use a amp with it theirs no RCA plugablity to the fact radio?:?:

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im no radio expert, so i dont know about the other stuff. but i think you have the anti theft confused with the alarm. the anti theft on the radio is just for the radio itself, if someone tries to steal it, it will disable the radio until a code is put into it.

bigred1

5+ Year Member
I kind of knew that! But what gotis I removed the radio unplug it, try to set the alarm and nothing no flash or beeps. What did I do wrong or what with the issue?

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
:smackself so u have an 08 and ur replacing the factory radio with a "Duel" one from Walmart??

99CivicSiBrian

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:smackself so u have an 08 and ur replacing the factory radio with a "Duel" one from Walmart??
I noticed that too. The only parts from Wal Mart that go near my car are their Mobil 1 full synthetic and their Windshield washer fluid.
B

bigred1

5+ Year Member
anybody know anything on the speaker wire conversion box to rca for amps for those who dont want to instal aftermarket radio?