92 civic slow build (New here)

PandaManDance

5+ Year Member
Hey everyone i am new and am trying to find a decent civic forum. I have searched many sites and have found way to many with people who don't know what they are talking about and are just waiting to criticize anyone.

with that said i am Jeremy and i am building my second civic. i started a 88 crx si about a year ago and had to sell it due to work. but i now have a non running 92 civic sedan.

I started my project a few days ago and am enjoying it so far. the plans are take apart the d15 see whats salvageable and possibly rebuild for a better gas saving DD (compared to my lifted suburban)!

if it is going to cost to much i may just swap out the entire motor all in all. ideas with this are jdm H22 if im not mistaken that's the a1 but not positive correct me if im wrong please.

here are a few pics of the car so far....

198,xxx

with all this said any advice, ideas, and/or corrections are greatly appreciated

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yikes!

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
welcome
looks like you have quite the job on your hands
good luck to you

PandaManDance

5+ Year Member
i have done a few swaps. but never torn into a motor so this is my 1st. figured playing with the d15 and learning a few things about the inside of the motor would be good and fun. body work is second nature to me so thats no worry.

thanks guys ill keep everyone posted on the car as it progresses.

PandaManDance

5+ Year Member
so i went out to the car today with plans of pulling the exhaust and exhaust manifold. well dont have an actual jack so i decided to just use the one the car comes with in the trunk.....you see where this is going.....well you wrong!!

as i lifted the trunk lid i found some leftovers of a passenger who rode with me about a mile from the field to my house.

his top half

and his bottom half

for those of you who dont know i am completely terrified of snakes.

i managed to get to the bottom of a trunk with a shovel but he is nowhere to be found. the head of the skin is half way in the back seat so im a little to scared to search the rest of the car.

this is prolly the worst thing that can happen with this project.

RLBROTC

5+ Year Member
No, trust me, having to get a snake out of the civic will probably be one of the easier things to be done to the car.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
damn that's alot of work in your hands man good luck with it

PandaManDance

5+ Year Member
so i decided if he is still in the car (which is possible cause its a lil chily out side[25]) and if i find him he will die and his skin will be come my new shift knob.

whata ya think???

CBURKE

"That's not my LEG"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Don't kill him.....He is there to eat the rats!!!
And I HATE SPIDERS!!! Black Widows like to hang out under your car!!!
Not a fan of snakes either.........Just lift stuff up with something and be carfull. Something that big may be under your back seat or he may not even be there.

PandaManDance

5+ Year Member
hey guys i am looking for a small d-series motor preferably a d16z6.

anyone know a good site that sells these motors??

i have done some research and found a few sites. im looking for tranny and all.

i have already checked h-haven.org and passwordjdm.com.

any others would help thanks

leftywill3

I AM TAMARACK!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ummm thanks????

no help on the websites??? anyone??
Man you might as well pick one up at the junkyard or from someone around you and rebuild it
Itll probly be cheaper than ordering one online the shipping alone would be at least $300