93 civic dx no fire one cylinder

stevelom29

I just changed the distributor. It has new plugs it only cylinder 1 I swapped plugs around it fired then stopped firing. Its was also wet with gas and has plenty of spark I zapped the crap outtake me. And ideas

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
I'm not sure I understand this question correctly. Let me try to clear your question up..

Car worked fine (did it?)
Changed Dizzy
Changed plugs
It only fires on cylinder 1 (or is cylinder one NOT firing?)
Swapped plugs
Worked
Doesn't work
Shock myself
Made crap come out of me

.... Does that sound right?

So the first thing i'm thinking here is you have the plugs on wrong and you may have the dizzy set wrong. It's hard to do, but can be done. I set an integra 180 out once and then had to go back and re time it (which you may have to do if yours is incorrect). Double check your firing order is set like this:

stevelom29

Cylinder 1 was not firing a swap the plugs out if fired then ran outta gas and I fired it back up and now cylinder 1 is not firing again and I know it has spark cuz it zapped me the timing is all set. I just got this car like a month ago and the guy that had it let it sot for almost a year.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
First things first, seriously man, use punctuation marks. I know this IS the internet but if you want serious help, people have to understand what the hell you want. Learn to love it. It'll make helping you much easier. Unless english isn't your first language than I can cut you SOME slack. LOL.. Doesn't have to be perfect (Lord knows i'm not), but use a period here and there man!

Anyway... If it didn't work, you changed plugs, then it worked, and now it doesn't again... If the wires are correct (sounds iffy to me), Dizzy is right (again, iffy), timing correct (.. you know the drill), I would check the plugs. Even though they spark, that doesn't mean they're good. The gap must be correct and the edges should be dang near razor sharp. If your plugs are rounded AT ALL, replace them. You'd be surprised at what a difference new and correctly gapped plugs can make even if your previous plugs are set correct and only a few months old. Try it..