98 Civic gsr/type r project

Carlos010110

Well to start off this is my first post lol. I've had this car for about a year now, and ive had my ups and downs with it already. Its my first honda ever, and im pretty excited to finally start building this car up. The previous owner basically slapped it together before i went to look at it, claiming he spent lots of time on it. I had a 2000 Mustang GT, that i couldnt afford anymore, and i wanted a friendlier on gas car, that was still fun to drive. Long story short,i got screwed over on the deal. Driving home for two hours, i noticed 80% of all electronics stopped working, and it was a complete downpour outside. No wipers, no lights, no blinkers, no radio, everything stopped working. I made it home and immediately went to work. COMPLETE UTTER MESS. Then came the rest of the problems with engine harness, ecu, distributor, slipping clutch, grinding gears, all which happened a month or so after owning it. None of those things felt weird at the time of the trade. I fixed everything. I got the car repainted in Milano red, and a couple months later ran over a raccoon on the road, messing up my alignment, front end, continuing back to back bumper. Along with loose lug nuts outside of walmart after some parts getting stolen shortly before the raccoon. All in all, i got so frustrated i tried selling the car countless times, but couldnt bring myself to get rid of it. A year later i finally found the inspiration to do everything.

I started to sand the car down, and get rid of all the waves and low spots in the paint, with my dads help. It was a nice process. Couldnt believe all the low spots i found!
Today i pulled the engine out and here are my plans as of right now
All new gaskets, seals, rings for engine
New waterpump, belts and hoses
Send transmission to be rebuilt, since syncromesh only fixed grinds temporarily
New clutch because i bought an XTD clutch just as a temporary setup when original clutch went out
Prep engine bay to be fully painted

That is just the beginning, and i do plan to full carryout this out. I am a new member so bare with me lol. I hope you guys follow this and enjoy it as much i as will!