99 Civic fog lights both stopped working, but still power

Spyro

5+ Year Member
Hope I could get some help on my situation here. I hooked up the fog light harness (OEM not Depo) and installed the fog lights a while back and worked fine ever since. But about 3 days ago they just stopped. The way my wires are set up is from the fog lights, up through a small gap by the left side of the radiator, then grounded on to the frame next to another ground, then the connector goes into the OEM harness connector that can be found hiding just below the top of the washer fluid reservoir. Now under the dash, there is another connector that that you plug into to complete the wiring going to the fog lights. The next ground is connected on a good metal conductor, as for the power/fuse I used the "Dash lights, option" socket, which is the second one above the fuse box, and the first one has another brown connector, all of that gets tapped into the relay, with one of them being the switch.

At that point I assumed it was the fuse... nope still good Then the bulbs...... one was burnt then the other didn't work. Replaced the left fog light bulb first...... worked Replaced the right fog light bulb..... nothing worked Checked if they worked separately..... yes, and nothing is touching the fog light housing. checked inside and the switch and relay both click, replaced the relay still didn't work, checked the fuse going to the option dash lights, still good, there's power going from the inside but nothing going to the fogs... I've been searching up forums and I still got nothing. It may be a short, somewhere in the circuit, but way before the harness connector because i get nothing after that...

Much help is greatly appreciated, it's getting really irritating I've checked for voltage and everything

Spyro

5+ Year Member
Since it looks like I'm going solo on this thread, I had a little time to check the wiring again, so I checked the power from the OEM connector on the wiring harness located in the engine bay with the switch on and there is no voltage. Next thing i did was go under the dash again and check for voltage from the connector coming out of the relay to the OEM harness, i got 13.4V which means i definitely have power. When i reconnected the wires, i forgot i left the switch on and next thing i know, my left fog light is on again, but the right one is still out. I gotta check the voltage on that connector to make sure there isn't a break in the wire somewhere. I'll check that tomorrow