Advice needed on retrofitting!

skribs89si

pissin on authority
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
so I've got single stage (no brights) HIDs in my EG and they're bright as s**t. I got flashed (not titties:() more than 10 times on my way home from work tonight which is a 20 mile drive. I've checked out some of the retrofit jobs some of you guys have done on here and I need to get that cut off. I'm NOT a big fan of the look of projectors but do I need to do a full retrofit with projectors to get the cut off or is there another way to do it? If not what all will I need to do the retrofit since I already have the ballasts and bulbs?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
so I've got single stage (no brights) HIDs in my EG and they're bright as s***. I got flashed (not titties:() more than 10 times on my way home from work tonight which is a 20 mile drive. I've checked out some of the retrofit jobs some of you guys have done on here and I need to get that cut off. I'm NOT a big fan of the look of projectors but do I need to do a full retrofit with projectors to get the cut off or is there another way to do it? If not what all will I need to do the retrofit since I already have the ballasts and bulbs?
Yes, you need to get projectors to get the cut off. They do make reflector HID's (ie - Prius) but I don't know much about those setups.

I'm going to assume you have H4 HID bulbs. Unfortunately, if you choose my route and go with the Mini H1's, you'll need H1 bulbs. But you can re-use your ballasts since they're all the same style connectors. Or if you get the Mini D2S projectors, you'll need D2S bulbs.

I have a How-To written in the 6th Gen Official DIY section if you want to check it out. It's very easy. If you don't happen to see it anywhere, I highly recommend a relay harness. I would almost recommend TRS' butyl rubber as well. I ended up getting some 4 months after my retrofit to really get a good seal since there wasn't much stock sealant left between my headlights.