Aftermarket 3rd brake light for '91 Si Hatch, need help finding one/suggestions

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have removed the rear oem wing on my '91 Si to save some weight. According to my class rules, I am allowed to removed the rear wing but I need to "retain any federally-mandated third brake light". Since the 3rd brake light is integrated in the oem wing, I'm looking to replace it with something aftermarket. I have no idea where to look for these things, I don't find too many people adding an aftermarket 3rd brake light to civics in most cases.. If anyone has experience or suggestions, I'm all ears and would greatly appreciate the help.

Not really 100% sure how I'll mount the new 3rd light but most likely it'll be with the use of some double sided tape. Either mounted externally on the top of the hatch where the oem wing was, centered. Or, internally on to the rear glass. Don't want to drill or do anything drastic.

I found this just searching around on Amazon. I'm guessing something like this might work.
http://www.amazon.com/Alpinetech-Flush-Mount-Spoiler-Toyota/dp/B00CVLLJ4W/ref=sr_1_42?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1388900855&sr=1-42&keywords=led+3rd+brake+light+civic

Here's the car with the wing removed

Thanks!

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^ wow that would be perfect! Thanks!!

Now I just need to try and find a connector to use this led strip with the original connector. I don't want to cut up the one off the wing and I don't want to cut up the harness on the car..

Last edited: