any 1 know where i can buy a downpipe for a 1997 honda civic dx 2 door coupe 5 speed

racing_4_life

5+ Year Member
any 1 know where i can buy a downpipe for a 1997 honda civic dx 2 door coupe 5 speed

i just brought a catback and a hi flow cat and i went to install it and my down pipe is broke.so i need a new one any cheap replacements

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
racing_4_life said:

i just brought a catback and a hi flow cat and i went to install it and my down pipe is broke.so i need a new one any cheap replacements
buy a header...

racing_4_life

5+ Year Member
headers i saw only go down to were the exhaust manafold ends.and i need that peace that courls out becouse my exhaust system is a batback.and i nee d the pipe to curl up to the manaforl.unless the headers come with the peice

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
racing_4_life said:
headers i saw only go down to were the exhaust manafold ends.and i need that peace that courls out becouse my exhaust system is a batback.and i nee d the pipe to curl up to the manaforl.unless the headers come with the peice
they come with a j pipe usually.... or just go to the junk yard and get what u need.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tanabe sells a j-pipe for $150 .... or you could just buy an EX header and catalytic. Either way, plan on getting used parts, or shelling $150+ for either option. Right now I'm running a Tanabe SM Hyper with an RS*R J-Pipe (from my old exhaust). To buy a new J-pipe from Honda, it's ~$170.

Also, if you keep your stock manifold and use the J-pipe, you can't use that high-flow cat. There's no place for it. Your catalytic is in your stock manifold. So either return/sell it, or buy an ex header and get an electrician to extend the wires on your seconday O2 senor.