Anyone know the import rules for Australia?

_v0rani

I want this....
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hello,

i've been trying to hunt down some import rules (as in what can/cant be brought into australia) and i've had no luck. could anyone tell me straight is it possible to bring a ek9 into australia? :???:

Civ_97

Ricer 4 Life
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
from what i know under the new SEVS laws it cant. the only cars u can bring into the country is the car has to be over 15 years old and if this is the case it can have any mod, and anythin younger than that pretty much cant have been sold in aus. thats why u can now bring chasers and s**t like that in

_v0rani

I want this....
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Civ_97 said:
from what i know under the new SEVS laws it cant. the only cars u can bring into the country is the car has to be over 15 years old and if this is the case it can have any mod, and anythin younger than that pretty much cant have been sold in aus. thats why u can now bring chasers and s**t like that in

but that makes no sense, people bring r34's into australia now like nothing...

CVCBOY

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its because r34 is marketed in australia...the nissan market allowed diz monsters in...eg.V-SpecII GTR is allowed..saw 1 in Syd/ Ev0 8 or sti coz its suppposed 2 b here..u know wat i mean? Civic Type R is different story..i dnt really knw d rules so dnt flame me hehehehe

Setanta

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
R32s have been crashed to meet the SEVs rules. Given the choices, most people would take a Skyline over a EK9 - the skyline has the heritage here (Godzilla owning the Cosworth Sierras and falcodores at Bathurst), the EK9 is just another Civic to most peoples mindset - hence importers not giving a damn about the Civic - you cant really sell it in the volume that you can market the R32,33 and 34. Likewise, a S13 or 180SX has more appeal than an EK9 due to it's being FR and turbocharged instead of FF/NA. It's the mentality and market demand.

Remember that some of the cars you see on the road such as the Evos, CTRs etc are private imports or ones that snuck through under Victoria's "Rebuild" laws (now extinct I understand).