B20 in 2000 EX

richocet1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey,

I have a 2000 EX automatic and refuse to do a atx-manual conv. I want to do an engine swap that hasnt really been done too much. I was thinking a b1b auto or auto b20. How much HP is in the JDM B20 vs. B16? Anyone see potential problems with this?

SeanMc300

professional a*****e
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you want like...stock hp, id get the b20z

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
yeah b20z > b20a/b... it produces more torque

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
B20's own B16's

vi3tboi714

MiLaNo Si
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
did i hear auto? ne ways yea b20 ownz all cuz of its torque but redlining is not suggested

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
auto? since i see you dont want 5speed, do you refuse to do vtec also? if you want b20z or b20b, a b16 still ownz you!

b20b - 130hp
b20z - 143hp
b16a - 160hp - on usdm or gen1
b16a - 170hp - on gen2

defvayne

Set This World On Blaze!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its not worth doing any swap on a auto might as well do a tranny swap like i am.

Quad-Damage

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh my god, do u even know how hard it is to do a automatic to automatic swap? No shop in there right mind is going to do it for you cheap, it's 10x times harder then a manual conversion and im sure they will charge you alot for it

D Series Automatic Sensors and what nots will not bolt up a B series auto at all, it's such a b***h to do, i was going to keep my auto, but found how expensive it was. I love my 5 speed swap, ill never go back to auto agian, it's not even hard to drive, unless u have 1 leg, don't get a f**ken auto. The Linkage is different for the series of engine and it will be hard as hell to swap and slow as s**t, the automatic has huge power train loss. I would save up for a 5 speed conversion it will be alot fast and im sure cheaper

f**k automatic

<--- Former automatic d16y7 owner now 5 speed and lovin it!

SeanMc300

professional a*****e
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
manuals own joo. but the b20z has more potential than a b16, especailly all motor. oh no, it doesnt have vtec..but wait it has something the b16 doesnt....TORQUE!!! the b16 is known as the tq-less wonder....

b16: most overrated motor EVER!

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
b16s are not overrated. how many motors have you seen stock that can produce that much hp per liter.

b16a2 - producing 100hp per liter, the highest hp per liter, if not one of the highest, in the US.
b16b - 185hp - producing about 115 per litter
b16a2 sir2 - producing about 106 per litter

no one expected so much out of just a 1.6 liter motor. look at lisa kubo's old civic, she was running 9s on a b16, no one expected that. of course a b18, b20, h22, or h23 is better because its a and more displacement to work with. but the b16 are not overrated, only underestimated.

b16 is still better then a b20 non vtec. i dont think you can find much parts available for a n/a b20 nonvtec.

SeanMc300

professional a*****e
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
considering that alot of parts are interchangable for the b series motors, i guarentee that you can get parts for other b series motors and have them fit onto the b20. id rather start with a b20 motor, simply cuz i like tq....seems as though some people forget about the real number, considering hp is a calculated number based on tq and rpm.

Honda:
jdm h22 produces 220hp, thus making 110 hp per litre
jdm b18c type r makes 197 thus making 109.4 per litre
usdm b18c5 makes 195, thus making 108.33 per litre
s2000 motor makes 240hp, thus making 109 per litre.

Toyota:
usdm 3sgte makes 200 hp, thus making 100 per litre
jdm 3sgte makes 225, thus making 112.5 per litre

Dodge:
srt-4 makes close to 240, making 100 per litre

Volkswagon:
gti 1.8t makes 180, thus making 100 per litre

--hey didnt say nothing bout turbo now did you. go ahead say that its a best of a motor na....seems that the ones from the other ones from honda are pretty good too now huh?--

but hey, dont matter if your motor makes more hp per litre, its not all about that at all. the gsr is faster than the si motor.....and wow it dont make as much hp per liter....your reason why its good is dumb.

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
....your reason why its good is dumb. [/B]
my explanation just saying that a saying that its just underestimated. no one expect much out of a 1.6 liter engine. i didnt even say its the best n/a motor. the best motor to work on is a b18. i havnt seen much, maybe just one person building a nonvtec crv motor. most of the parts are custom and some are expensive parts. of course the bigger the displacement = more power, more torqe. b16 can do a lot. but with a small displacement its harder to make it faster then a b18 or b20. i have a b16 myself, i like a 1.6 but i couldnt stand that its not producing a enough so i swap the bottom end to a 1.8. so i got a b16/1.8 liter. i have nothing against b16, b18, or b20. but if your building a b20. its better to make cr/vtec instead of nonvtec.