Blinking Oil Light 1992 Honda Civic LX

obot64

5+ Year Member
Yesterday my oil light came on, and has been blinking on and off. Today, I changed the oil and the oil filter (It needed it) but the oil light continues to blink.

I think this may be an error code? Seems like the blinking happens in a particular pattern.

I bought this car 6 days ago, used! So I do not have the owners manual I looked for it online, but all i could find was service manuals.

What could this blinking oil light mean? and Where can i find a manual for this model car?

-Tanks in advance.

newarkbubble

5+ Year Member
try looking in the back of the motor because there is a small super thin wire right above the oil filter that gets ripped out very easily. dont worry you can splice it back into place. its really nothing major but if its not that i guess try an engine flush. im only saying to check the rear sensor because i've pulled it out a couple of times while doing an oil change.

obot64

5+ Year Member
newarkbubble: Thanks a lot! I will look at that. Just to be clear, the oil light started to blink before the oil change. but it is possibly that while doing the oil changed It got damaged. Could anything major go wrong with this car? I'm extremely paranoid about driving it when its not in tip top shape since it just cost me 1700 + 625 to replace the timing belt and water pump.

obot64

5+ Year Member
Okay.... Bad news. Apparently the oil pump went out. Long story short the engine blew a rod. So now I need to find a cheep Engine. :-(

Or sell the car that I had for less than a week and cost me 2,300.

What would you do? And how much could I get for a car with a bad engine?

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just fyi, the engine can run without any problems with that wire pulled out. Its the stock oil pressure sensor. Mine hasn't be plugged in for months, since I broke the pressure sensor. Its only really needed if you have vtec.

jason_guy_yeah

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Okay.... Bad news. Apparently the oil pump went out. Long story short the engine blew a rod. So now I need to find a cheep Engine. :-(

Or sell the car that I had for less than a week and cost me 2,300.

What would you do? And how much could I get for a car with a bad engine?
whoa, not looking down on your but, how did the engine blow a rod? You can get a low milage engine fairly cheap, I got my d15b7 shipped to my door $550. It had like 40-60k

EGHseries

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if so dont honda oil pumps cant really handle that thick of additive

obot64

5+ Year Member
I have decided to buy a new D15B7 engine.

If you know where I can get one shipped to me for a reasonable price please post.

Much love and application for everyoen who has helped me out so far.

Hmn... should I trick out the engine.... or have anything done to the car performance wise while I'm in there?

jason_guy_yeah

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have decided to buy a new D15B7 engine.

If you know where I can get one shipped to me for a reasonable price please post.

Much love and application for everyoen who has helped me out so far.

Hmn... should I trick out the engine.... or have anything done to the car performance wise while I'm in there?
Well, what kind of budget do you have?

96sohccivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lucus is good for your engine it wont hurt anything. it helps on the start by not leting you bearing get f**ked up when there is no oil pressure i always run lucus in my car with sythetic oil but you should have stoped driving you car when that oil light started flashing becasue the only time it flashes is if your oil pressure drops to low.

jason_guy_yeah

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
x2, when I listened to the autozone dude about leaving seafoam...basicaly I fried my piston rings, possibly the valve guides but, I have managed to still put 20k on the motor while I dropped in 1 quart of gear oil at every oil change.

obot64

5+ Year Member
I'm actually over my budget! I'm spending my tax return at this point.

I have decided to get the engine locally.