boosting the B

96B16civic

5+ Year Member
So the boosting process has started on my B16A I'm completely building the motor for turbo setup. I just got the block back from the machine shop and its time to start building! Whats going into it
Mahle 81.25 mm Forged pistions 9.2-1 CR
Eagle H beam rods w/ARP bolts
ITR cams with titan motorsports cam gears
clevite 77 engine bearings
cometic head gasket
all new gaskets, bearings etc.
exedy stage 2 clutch
Fidanza flywheel
And for the turbo setup
-Garrett T-28 turbo -Yonoka front mount intercooler 2.5 piping
-Turbosmart BOV
-Blox turbo manifold
-Blox FMU
-k&n filter
-custom downpipe

Here are some pics, I'll have some more upsated ones at the beggining of the week
Engine out and getting stripped

Bench Full of parts

New pistons and rods

Block all cleaned up and bored out

Enjoy, I will keep updating as more progress comes along!

00civicsiturbo

addicted to Boost
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks great man! good luck with the rest

96B16civic

5+ Year Member
Thanks! I'll have more pics at the end of tomorrrow when I get back in the shop and work on it.
I didnt want to overbore it origanally, but I wasn't paying attention to the size I ordered when I did and ended up needing to overbore it. Bad mistake on my part, had to pay the extra $150 to get it bored and the extra time at the machine shop...

96B16civic

5+ Year Member
updates
Got the entire bottom end together just waiting on my head gasket and ARP head studs so I can put the head on and start dropping it in
As for the turbo, its just a kit that is being sold locally and thats the turbo it comes with, I'm planning on upgrading it in the future.

96B16civic

5+ Year Member
EDIT
Just as I posted that post my door bell rang and my head gasket arrived!!!!! :ok:
Cometic multi layer:

I'm leaving for christmas holidays right away here so there wont be any updates until christmas, I have LOTS to update once I get back to the shop
Merry christmas to all!