Buying 04 civic ex-question?

M1L0

So I'm considering buying a 04 civic ex with 111,000 miles. Im getting a deal from family for 3000-3500. The only problem I could tell was that I felt a slight buzzing when I accelerated out of first. I took it to a independent mechanic and he said I would need a new front axel and front motor mount. I'm kind of a new to this but are those common problems for this model? Could this possibly be a sign of something more serious the mechanic missed?

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's hard to diagnose without seeing the car but it doesn't sound unreasonable. I would be surprised if the motor mount was bad. If you get the car I would look into the axle problem first and then see about the motor mount. How bad is the "buzzing."

M1L0

Thanks for the reply. I wish I could describe it better. It only is a slight buzzing when I'm accelerating in a low gear. Once I'm up to speed it either stops or is too slight to notice. The mechanic said it was front axel & motor mount so I'm gonna get it checked out. It also needs new spark plugs, timing belt, oil filter, maintenance stuff. It could be that, I'm just a little short on cash and kinda wondering what I should go after first and if I'd be able to do some with help and not drop all the cash on a Honda mechanic.