can a coilover kit for 5th gen fit a 6th gen?

ZachUA

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Was wondering about this. My buddy has a 5th gen hatch with omni power coilovers. He will sell me the coil overs for cheap but my car is a 6th gen coup and I wasn't sure if they would fit or if they could be retrofitted to work. Does anyone know? His car is a 95 model and mine a 98 if that changes anything.

ZachUA

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Also, how safe are the ebay coilover kits?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/88-91-92-95-96-00-Honda-Civic-Coilover-Spring-Kit-S_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33582QQihZ019QQitemZ290233111260QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

They're so cheap, I would be worried about something breaking. I mean...the sleeve is a pretty simple design so I can't see how it should be expensive...it's nothign more than a threaded sleeve. I would think the spring would be the most expensive part. I already have a set of Tein S-techs I could throw on there...would that work?

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i had the omni powers on my 98 and i also used them on my 92, you will need spacers for the rear lower control arms to fit the rears on your 6th gen, the fronts will fit without any problems

franklin-hid

your moms boyfriend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have done it..YES IT WILL WORK

ZachUA

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
kickass! Where do I find the spacers (or do you mean something as simple as washers)? How did you like the omni powers 05? How stiff is the ride quality?

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Washers will work.

franklin-hid

your moms boyfriend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i used nothing..lol...it just bolted up...they were on my 95 sedan and the went on his 98 sedan