Canadian 6th gen Sedan w/ d16y8

Dough

5+ Year Member
Hi guys, I was wondering if Civics sold in Canada had the option of the d16y8 (127hp) in the sedans... the link up top only gives these:

EJ8 D16Y8 CANADA All 2-door EX
EJ8 D16Y8 USDM All 2-door/4-door EX

Acura Canada sold Acura 1.6 EL, a more luxurious Civic (leather option) and was sedan only... I know these come with y8's. I am thinking Honda Canada didnt bother selling the y8 sedans because of the acuras... any thoughts?

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hopefully NOFX will chime in and help you. She'll most likely know.

wfw12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no Y8 in the canadian sedans. its another case of honda changing the badging between the countries. the "Si" (better known as the ex) is the only one that came with the Y8.

Dough

5+ Year Member
no Y8 in the canadian sedans. its another case of honda changing the badging between the countries. the "Si" (better known as the ex) is the only one that came with the Y8.
EJ6 D16Y7 CANADA All 2-door DX/Si

not quite, the Si in canada seems to be a shitty two door model. I can confirm this cause alot of the Si badged civics look like DX/SE with black mirrors, side mouldings....

I dislike the Canadian naming scheme, DX < LX < EX < Si beats the canadian scheme of DX < SE < LX < EX < SiR and Si thrown in there somewhere!

wfw12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have only ever seen our "Si" with the Y8. some paint matched from the factory and some not but all had paint matched mirrors atleast.
as far as i know/ what i've only seen is that the EX and LX only come in the sedan while the "Si" and dx only come in the coupe with the expection of the hatch in CX/DX with the Y8 being exclusive to the "Si". but like i said, thats what i've seen and not claiming it as 100% true. im sure someone else will chime in......NOFX????

Dough

5+ Year Member
my Canadian 99 civic "Special Edition" vin begins with 2HG and has an EJ6 in it.... I assume this is the SE or DX-V or DX-SE... but it doesn't have an armrest... which is shown as standard in NOFX's link....

Also the vin being 2HG and EJ6, would mean its an LX/EX... anyways to see if this true and the SE sticker is a lie? My family bought the car used in 2001 hence all the questions....

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
my Canadian 99 civic "Special Edition" vin begins with 2HG and has an EJ6 in it.... I assume this is the SE or DX-V or DX-SE... but it doesn't have an armrest... which is shown as standard in NOFX's link....

Also the vin being 2HG and EJ6, would mean its an LX/EX... anyways to see if this true and the SE sticker is a lie? My family bought the car used in 2001 hence all the questions....
The list of trim features DO NOT work for any other country besides the US.

Little things change form chassis to chassis. Even the Australia EM1 isn't like the USDM EM1 exactly )for example).

Try typing your VIN into Carfax.com. It might tell you. Or call Honda in Canada. I know my Honda EPC will read VINs.

Dough

5+ Year Member
I looked it up on carfax (i dont have an account), it says its an SE... interesting.. now i want to know what is under its records. I also noticed that its 30 bucks for unlimited carfax reports, if anyone wants to hook me up with two reports I wouldn't mind paying 5 bucks or donating 10 to a charity of your choice (via paypal).