Car starts then dies

civic_noobie

5+ Year Member
I got everything tested out, spark( bright white spark (with only a faint bluish tinge) ), the whole nine yards. A friend came and helped me out, yet still no start. My last theory is the engine is flooded. And I believe so because during these last couple months theres been some cold temperature drops and I would have to go to work at 6am and the car would have a hard time starting and me thinking pumping the gas pedal would help start, I guess it helped a little bit. I put new spark plugs in and car turns on fine I'm guessing once they get wet with the fuel it won't produce the spark needed to keep the engine running. I've tried the clear flood mode this morning but when I did it the car cranked right up and started pushing my rpm's to about 6-7k which was a fail. After that the car wouldn't start. Is there another way to clear the flood?

And by the whole nine yards I mean I checked fuses, connections, distributor, checked the voltage. And I mean I triple checked them. Fuel pressure is fine, I almost certain it's flooded but can't figure out a way to clear it. I already did a oil change as well.

Or can it possibly be some other problem?

codeman76

Check your mechanical timing. I had problems similar to this here recently and found that my timing belt had jumped a tooth.

civic_noobie

5+ Year Member
how do i go about checking it with starting fluid? and how can i check if the fuel injectors spray fuel?

I will have to check the timing belt tomorrow and let you guys know

codeman76

Spray a little starting fluid directly into your throttle body then try to crank it over and see what it does. To check to see if your getting fuel up to the fuel rail just loosen the fuel line connected to the fuel rail and see if gas comes out. Just be careful when loosening the bolt on the fuel rail. It is under pressure. Remove the gas cap first to relieve some of the pressure.

civic_noobie

5+ Year Member
okay guys I rechecked everything now that I've had time been busy with school and work. But I checked the timing, it's dead on. I checked for spark again and for some reason it wasn't getting spark. I changed the spark plug wires because I the distributor cap was fairly new as well as the ignition coil. So with the new wires in, the car cranked right up and started. Ran fine around the block and everything. Was about to go to school and wouldn't start again :(

So I been digging into some more research and pull out my fuel injectors because I believe the injectors are leaking or something.
Pulled them out and found this

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us