changing turn signal bulbs in 6th gen....

DMac2000EX

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i already searched this so try not to flame me for this one. i changed my headlight bulb to the cheap 9003 hyperwhite ones and im tryin to change the color of my turn signals for a cleaner look. i got the 1157 bulbs and looked in the owners manual on how to change them and the instructions look nothin like the engine bay. can some one give some better instructions or tell me where to find em... thanx in advance.. ive got a 2000 ex coupe...

Rick James

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you gotta take the bumper off

DMac2000EX

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Rick James said:
you gotta take the bumper off
the bumper? i know im probably wrong but from the looks of it if i took off anything it would be the fender...

dayamSI

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
take the bumper off, ive done it before

Rick James

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DMac2000EX said:
the bumper? i know im probably wrong but from the looks of it if i took off anything it would be the fender...
the whole bumper comes off there are:
a bolt in each wheel well
2 bolts and 2 screws under the bumper
7 plastic clips on the top of the grill

lkailburn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you don't have to take the bumper off. you go through the fender wall lining. just pull it aside and reach in.. i changed my turn signals last summer.

steve8091

Blanned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Rick James said:
the whole bumper comes off there are:
a bolt in each wheel well
2 bolts and 2 screws under the bumper
7 plastic clips on the top of the grill
:werd:
It only takes about 3 minutes to get it off - don't worry about it so much. You might even learn something. I was worried about taking if off when I installed my intake a few years ago. Now I can do it in 30 seconds with one arm tied behind my back. :D

Last edited:

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
steve8091 said:
:werd:
It only takes about 3 minutes to get it off - don't worry about it so much. You might even learn something. I was worried about taking if off when I installed my intake a few years ago. Now I can do it in 30 seconds with one arm tied behind my back. :D
You can do that and learn while you're at it, but you don't have to take off the bumper. To make it easier, turn your wheel all th way to one side, gently pry back the inner fender well, reach in with your hand and just twist the bulb out. It's really easy.

Those instructions should be in your owners manual. It was in mine.

lkailburn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
96greencivic said:
turn your wheel all th way to one side, gently pry back the inner fender well, reach in with your hand and just twist the bulb out. It's really easy.
:werd: exactly what i was tellin them

boosted_si

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've got a hole in my fender liner from some tire rub when it came loose. It makes it super easy to change the bulb. Gotta love ghetto engineering.

Rick James

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lkailburn said:
:werd: exactly what i was tellin them
ok that will work but by the time you do that you can take the whole front end apart. it takes no time at all

lkailburn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Rick James said:
ok that will work but by the time you do that you can take the whole front end apart. it takes no time at all
uhh.. :lol: all you gotta do is remove the one fastener, hold the lining to the side and reach in and twist the bulb out... but if you want to take the front bumper off thats cool too ;)

emerge

R'TEk Innovations
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would rather take the front bumper off....it makes it look like you're doing something important. ;x

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
omfg guys... why would you take the whole bumper off if you dont have too? that's taking the motor out to do an oil change.
just go through the fender lining...

lonewolf

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've been trying to go through the fender liner as well - but how do those fasteners come off - apart from SNAP lol (can I get replacements?) These have me stumped.

cheers

Lonewolf

eboi

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
fastest easiest way..go throught inner fender stick your whole arm in there

DMac2000EX

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i got them in... there really is no point to takin off the bumper... all u do is turn the tire all the way to the opposite side, snap back the fender liner and there it is... thanks

mugen00

American Honda=Domestic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you dont have to take the bumper off!!! like many people have said it already, just turn your wheel and pull the inner fender