D16y8 turbo build Re-post

Anth EK Civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I had a post up about 5 months ago on my build setup on my d16y8 turbo build and here is how everything is looking. I spent all this spring break building this motor now had it turboed in about July and still waiting on some parts and my turbo ...I blew my seals in the turbo :cry: Im on about 8psi and pushing about 230HP What do you thinking i can run psi wise on a fully built motor. Ive been told the range 14-16 psi

Before we touched my car to turbo it-

Starting on putting everything in-

Just got done that night putting all the turbo stuff on-

The RIMSSS!!!! D2 Rota's-

At Slowmotion getting tuned-

Night shots-

If anyone is interested in this kit (manifold/ wastegate/ dumptube) let me know ..$350 obo It all brand new![/B]

New Manifold and wastegate-

stcroix

5+ Year Member
very nice set-up. very clean engine bay. and car itself looks bomb. props

Mexican EK =)

b18b1 grrrr
5+ Year Member
i was going to go single cam turbo too...now i wish i had gone when i got offered a free greddy turbo =(

stcroix

5+ Year Member
you got offerd a free greddy turbo. did u accept it .

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Gold engine bay on a blue car.. different.
Nice turbo build.

Mexican EK =)

b18b1 grrrr
5+ Year Member
well i was going to accept it, cus i got invited into a new car club....but it so happend that the person who made this new club decided to go back to his old racing team...team RSI....so we lost contact...i ended up going b18b on my own or else i would of had a free turbo kit

Anth EK Civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well i was going to accept it, cus i got invited into a new car club....but it so happend that the person who made this new club decided to go back to his old racing team...team RSI....so we lost contact...i ended up going b18b on my own or else i would of had a free turbo kit
that would of been pretty nice ..how the b18b for ya tho?

Anth EK Civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Gold engine bay on a blue car.. different.
Nice turbo build.
Yea i know i get alot of people who like it and dont like it but i love it. Its diffenrt that why and in person it looks klean as s**t! ill post up my new wastegate and manifold from full race!

Mexican EK =)

b18b1 grrrr
5+ Year Member
i love it actually...its mated to a b16 tranny so its pretty fun to drive...way better than the d16 i had in it....and plus it sounds meaner too

Anth EK Civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i love it actually...its mated to a b16 tranny so its pretty fun to drive...way better than the d16 i had in it....and plus it sounds meaner too
hell yea sound pretty nice my buddys got a built B18 head with B20 bottom end and that things pretty sick. Lot of people hate on the D but you know i didnt come close to what i would of been spending on a build B with turbo s**t but I know im missing out on some HP..lol! But i still dont mind the D motor there cheap and easy to find. I have open down pipe and that sounds freaking mean, damn thing sounds like a diesel truck!

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Car looks really clean, even with the carbon fiber hood. A lip will set it off nicely.

Anth EK Civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Car looks really clean, even with the carbon fiber hood. A lip will set it off nicely.
Yea diffently ..i want the mugen carbon fiber lip, I have carbon fiber door handles and a carbon fiber trunk..lol can get enought! lol

ruff_ridaz99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i like them D2's, but only if they made'em in better looking offsets...:thumbs up

Anth EK Civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Getting my turbo back from getting rebuilt and this winter may sleeve a block??

Think sleeving a d16y8 is worth it or should i just go with building another bottom end going .040 over / block gard/ wiseco pistons/ eagle rods/ ?????

Anth EK Civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wens. 12th Getting tuned for 15-16 psi...have a new post..soon with new pics of all the new s**t and the car