ecu tuning help

Dingo777

i just got done with my d16y8 build and iam going to get my p28 chipped so i can get it to my tuner. Who should i send it to and who should i stay away from

92lseg

Xenocron and phearable are both good choppers

gummer

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Xenocron and phearable are both good choppers
I bought my ecu from phearable, the engine runs smooth, and good service even I bought from Mexico

Sent from my Olivetti Valentine using Tapatalk 4 Beta

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
So you already have a place who'll tune it, you just want it chipped? Have you ever soldered before? The parts to chip an ECU are about $30. I've done many myself and it's a lot simpler than you may think. Tuning is pretty easy. There's plenty of maps available for damn near any motor set up you could ever have and it's as simple as drag and drop, click save. I've never sent out an ECU before but as mentioned above, those seem to be the names everyone talks about. But if you have a legit tuner who can tune your car on the spot, then obviously that's the best way to go.

Good luck!

EDIT: Also, you don't NEED a P28. I like to chip P06's because they're cheaper and can be modded to do the exact same thing as a P28/30/72/ect ... But if you already have an ECU, then never mind. LOL

gummer

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So you already have a place who'll tune it, you just want it chipped? Have you ever soldered before? The parts to chip an ECU are about $30. I've done many myself and it's a lot simpler than you may think. Tuning is pretty easy. There's plenty of maps available for damn near any motor set up you could ever have and it's as simple as drag and drop, click save. I've never sent out an ECU before but as mentioned above, those seem to be the names everyone talks about. But if you have a legit tuner who can tune your car on the spot, then obviously that's the best way to go.

Good luck!

EDIT: Also, you don't NEED a P28. I like to chip P06's because they're cheaper and can be modded to do the exact same thing as a P28/30/72/ect ... But if you already have an ECU, then never mind. LOL
Really is that simple to tune it, I know how to solder and have a P28 and P06 stock laying around, but how do you burn the chip and where do you get the map's???

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
I bought all my parts from Moats. Chip kit and the burner. Then you can download CROME which comes with several OEM maps. It's pretty dang easy to chip if you know how to solder. And loading maps is as easy and click, clack, save as is. All this info is pretty well documented around the web with pictures and video. I didn't exactly come up on this info on my very own. I just searched :thumbs up

Now, there are custom maps out there for download on ... crap, cant remember the site. And these tunes are "supposed" to be tested for quality with unproven tunes deleted and users banned for posting them. I'll get on my other computer for the website but again, it's easily found information on a google search. Nothing beats a dedicated tune specific to your car but i've downloaded tons of maps to my chips which have all worked perfectly. It's pretty hard to screw it up if you follow the directions people have already spelled out many times over.