Ek hatch No Start

Jtac616

I own a 96 Dx hatch with a full gsr swap. I went to start the car today and all i got was one click when i turned the key. I have a brand new starter and alternator. I kept trying to turn it over then i heard a rapid clicking ( almost like a buzz) sound coming from the passenger side dash when the key was in the on position. The relay right next to the glove box seemed to be making the noise. Do i need a battery? New relay? Bad ground connection somewhere? Please help

RonJ

Banned
Have the battery tested, charged, and/or replaced.

RonJ

Banned
Yes, it could still be the battery. It takes many more amps for the starter to crank the engine than to light a bulb.

What voltage do you measure across the two battery posts?

Jtac616

Yes, it could still be the battery. It takes many more amps for the starter to crank the engine than to light a bulb.

What voltage do you measure across the two battery posts?
I dont have a voltmeter. Im gonna see if it takes a jump though

RonJ

Banned
I dont have a voltmeter. Im gonna see if it takes a jump though
A battery that is completely toast may not take a jump. Remove the battery and have it properly tested at an auto parts store.

Also clean the battery connectors and the battery ground connection on the chassis while you are it.

Jtac616

A battery that is completely toast may not take a jump. Remove the battery and have it properly tested at an auto parts store.

Also clean the battery connectors and the battery ground connection on the chassis while you are it.
Got a hold of a meter. Its reading 12v

Jtac616

Not even getting a starter click now. And my speedo jumps when the key is in the on position

RonJ

Banned
12V is low. A fully charged battery should read at least 12.5 volts or a little higher.

Charge or replace the battery and also clean the battery connectors and the battery ground connection on the chassis while you are it.

Jtac616

12V is low. A fully charged battery should read at least 12.5 volts or a little higher.

Charge or replace the battery and also clean the battery connectors and the battery ground connection on the chassis while you are it.
Battery tested fine and all ground connections are good. Still nothing

RonJ

Banned
Battery tested fine and all ground connections are good. Still nothing
Who tested your battery? 12V is low. The starter does not turn the engine, right? Do you hear the starter solenoid click when the key is turned to ON(II)? Do you measure battery voltage at both the starter motor and solenoid terminals?

Jtac616

Who tested your battery? 12V is low. The starter does not turn the engine, right?
Me. It was 12v bevause i has the headlights on for awhile. Once it took a charge it was 12.5v. Yea nothing happens besides thr relay clicking and the speedo jumps

RonJ

Banned
Me. It was 12v bevause i has the headlights on for awhile. Once it took a charge it was 12.5v. Yea nothing happens besides thr relay clicking and the speedo jumps
Is the battery now fully charged (12.5V) and the starter still does not crank?

If so, wire brush or sandpaper clean the G101 thermostat ground, the G3 transmission ground, and the G1 battery ground. Then tighten them and again try starting the engine.

Jtac616

Is the battery now fully charged (12.5V) and the starter still does not crank?

If so, wire brush or sandpaper clean the G101 thermostat ground, the G3 transmission ground, and the G1 battery ground. Then tighten them and again try starting the engine.
I tried to find them earlier. I think i saw them but i wasnt sure if they were the ground wires or not