Engine Swaps for 7th Gens..and other Q's

BattLeZ

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Would swapping a B16a into a 03 civic LX be a good idea or not, would it give the car enough power or no, cuz the new gens seem bigger then the older model civics 00 and back...
jsut curious

ALSO

Will 01-02 parts they make for the civic now fit on the 03's and when im talking about parts, im talking about - intakes, cat back exhuasts, headlights/taillights and all that sh*t.

..........and if u havent figured it out yet.. i got an 03 civic.
thnx

pce

JT

VTECSOHC02

On The Raod To Twin Turbo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
As far as swaps I only here of swaping the RSX i-vtec (code unknown). As far as parts for the 03's I only notice a difference in the guages and that 03 have rear passenger headrests. Performance mod (I/H/E) should be the same as well headlights, tails etc... Good luck!!!

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:wstupid: as far as swaps go, ive only seen the k-series swapped into it (Si, itr and ctr)

the b series should fit into it, its just finding the mounts and stuff that youll need...that might be the hardest part

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you could put the b in there but why???? its illegal to put a older engine into a car.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yea its illegal, and thanks to the ct emissions which start up in a month or so you would be pretty screwed. if you want to swap something, dont do it to your brand new car and void the warranty and s**t, find an older project car. it will be a lot lighter (if you use a hatch, even still, just about any older gen civic will be lighter than the pigish 7th gen) and it will be a lot cheaper to mod, and legal to swap.

BattLeZ

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Alright thanks guys, thats all I wanted to know....swapping that RSX engine sounds like a pretty good idea tho....we'll see wut happens further down the road... =)
pce

JT

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by handlebarsfsr
yea its illegal, and thanks to the ct emissions which start up in a month or so you would be pretty screwed. if you want to swap something, dont do it to your brand new car and void the warranty and s**t, find an older project car. it will be a lot lighter (if you use a hatch, even still, just about any older gen civic will be lighter than the pigish 7th gen) and it will be a lot cheaper to mod, and legal to swap.
correct me if im wrong. but the teg (usdm) was made up until 2001. so if he had a 2001 civic, technically he would be able to swap in a 2001 teg engine with it still being lega...right? so he could have a legal usdm itr powered 7th gen civic.