f22 in a 6th gen

kilas4doorsleep

all wide and outside
5+ Year Member
ok so here it is ive been lookin around for a long time to see what swap i would like to do to my car, its a 97 4 door. well ive been thinkin bout a f22a4 with a turbo setup. i want to know what everyone thinks about that. the reason why i picked this is b/c i have a friend that has a f22a1 in her lude and her s**t is pretty quick and with 130 bhp 142 ft-lbs of tq i think she would have good amount of pull. and with a comp ratio of 8.8:1 i could turbo without worrying bout having to high of a comp ratio.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why not go with a H series instead.

Jason-

jdm king :p
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
H23/vtec.

It will win. AND.. A STOCK jdm h22a(with lsd) will probably hang with that setup. lol. *** BUT, I don't know this, I'm just taking a guess.

-Jason

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Something about a h23/vtec just doesn't last long. Two of them both at motorvations with a ported and polished bottom end. They will probably last a couple of months. If you would like a 2.3 litre vtec then put the h23 rods/crank and pistons in the h22 block and stroke it some. It works better.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
And F blocks are gay ass. They make like 20 parts for F blocks and you will have okay hp and torque but it would be stupid not to just put in an H series for all that trouble.

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
12.8:1 Ls/vtec said:
Something about a h23/vtec just doesn't last long. Two of them both at motorvations with a ported and polished bottom end. They will probably last a couple of months. If you would like a 2.3 litre vtec then put the h23 rods/crank and pistons in the h22 block and stroke it some. It works better.
Not for the owner of this site... www.importbuilders.com

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
But it would be "unique" if that is what you were going for. I guess it "might" be better than a d series if done right.

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
H's arent good plateforms for boost without a build.

I say if you want turbo, buy a b18b or a b16 and run about 6lbs on a t3/t4, that'll get you into at least the 200hp range without a rebuild, and it'll last you awhile ON A GOOD TUNE.

Dont turbo anything if your not going to get it tuned right.

kilas4doorsleep

all wide and outside
5+ Year Member
the reason why i want to go with this motor is because one i can get it for free i have a freind who had the motor in her 96 lude and would seriously walk all over the h23 ludes around and she was rearened and the car is totaled so i can have the motor if i want it and 2 because it deff has the tq i am looking for. tq wise it will def be alot nicer then my y7 and i can get a turbo kit for around $1100 then howerver much a good tune prolly with uberdata would be. and it deff will be a lil unique. im not lookin to go balls to the wall im just lookin to have a lil fun.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Key word being "FREE" in your paragraph. Go ahead and do it but the results would be less than an h23 but I guess its cool. Post pics b/c I've never seen one in a civic.

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nahh go for the J32 Swap :P but yeah H22 is your best bet if you wanna go with a 2.2L

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
kilas4doorsleep said:
ok the only thing i want to know is can i use h22 motor mounts for the install.
I think you have to have conversion mounts for the f/h swap just like you were going to install a k series but not quite as intense.