Gearing up for a DIY all your OEM factory lights to High powered LED lights

sleeper si

Registered VIP
I finally bit the bullet and got myself a whole lot of High Powered LEDs for both honda civics. The conversion from your regular bulbs should be very easy and straight forward. Just remove and replace.

I hope I bought the correct bulb bases and enough to swap all the factory oem lights to these high powered ones. If i am missing anything just feel free to chime in and let me know so i can go and buy the missing ones.

got these 7440 7 watt CREE white for the reverse back up lights.

These are 1157 amber

T5 11 watts white licenese plate and rear side markers

T20 red stop and tail lights

these for the dome, map and trunk lights.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Rule of thumb, if you are using the same color bulb as the housing it is in it will wash the color out. Example: amber bulb in an amber housing will wash out, red bulb in a red housing will wash out, etc.

It defeats the purpose because it lowers the intensity dramatically and that is what you are going for is more intensity.

You want a clear housing if you are using amber or red and clear bulbs or white if you are putting them in an amber or red housing.

sleeper si

Registered VIP
anyone know what kind of relay or model i need so my turn signals don't blink hyper fast??

sleeper si

Registered VIP
anyone know what kind of relay or model i need so my turn signals don't blink hyper fast??
really need to know what kind of relay i need to stop the hyper flashing guys. gonna make a trip this weekend to the auto parts market.

gummer

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I liked the cree leds, take some pics installed and share with us

sleeper si

Registered VIP
okay yesterday was a good sunny day to install some of them LEDs i bought in La Chine. lol!

original bulb is dim

used these LED bulbs to replace the old ones, a bit longer so need to mod the terminals a bit

installed and wow, super white and super bright

now for the rear brake and backup lights

gummer

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey where are the backup's shots?

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 4

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
awesome. Please take before and after pictures. Try to keep the camera at the same exact location, same field of view, and same time of day for after and before.

The dome light looks nice white, but i can not tell if its illuminating more than before. Can you please take a picture in the the darkest posible from the outside of the car, with only the dome light on , you have to be several feet back from the car, to capture the entire car in the picture. This will give you a good idea of how much illumination there is.

This is something i would like to do to my car, is to change all the oem bulbs to led bulbs

sleeper si

Registered VIP
yes the dome light is super white and brighter than before. you can see it illuminate everything inside during night.
the bulb was a bit longer than and i modified the metal terminals to accomodate.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have LEDs for my dome, map and license plate lights, it's a really nice upgrade.

sleeper si

Registered VIP
sorry it took a while but here are my LED back up lights picture taken a few nights ago. Makes visibilty at night while reversing much easier to see.