Got a 1993 Civic Hatchback race car

flyinv13

5+ Year Member
so i just recently purchased my very first honda civic although it is a full blown stock 4 class i am very excited! when i bought it i was unaware of the rules that the track i was runnin at aloud! So here is where i need anyone help! i want to put a older carburated 12 valve motor into my fifth generation car! anyone no of problems i might run into on motor and tranny mounts? thanks guys

Midnight_EG

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so i just recently purchased my very first honda civic although it is a full blown stock 4 class i am very excited! when i bought it i was unaware of the rules that the track i was runnin at aloud! So here is where i need anyone help! i want to put a older carburated 12 valve motor into my fifth generation car! anyone no of problems i might run into on motor and tranny mounts? thanks guys
what engine is in it now?
wat spec?

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Don't swap back in a slow ass motor into a race-prepped car.... :roll:

flyinv13

5+ Year Member
it was a d15b7 motor in it! the only reason why i am changin it is becuase the rules at the track i wnat to run at are only allowing me to to run a 12 valve motor and a buddy has one i cna have! so was just wonderin about the engine mounts most of them look the same from what i can see! i kno it seems stupid to put a slower motor in but the twelve valve is built

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
WTF kinda rules are those?? Just join a different class lol..

flyinv13

5+ Year Member
lol ya i wish! i kno there stupid but the 16 valves stock were walkin basicaly every car out there even mustang with a couple grand into them so they decided to go to twelve valve after i bought this car! so is what i wnat to do even possible or doi just have to be super creative for the engine and tranny mounts and make my own?

Finding Nismo

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a d bolts in where ever a d bolts in. The tranny's might be different in hydro vs. cable. Leave your hydro trans in place and bolt up the older d block to it. swap the dist, intake complete, and exhaust complete. There is gonna be some sort of tuning issues I suspect.

X-aCuTiOnA

W.W.H.D.?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
depends on the engine. If its a d, then i 'should'. should being the important word, bolt up and only reqiure slight mod. if its an older E series, then you might have some troubles.
Do you know which is it?