Having Troubles

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey guys, i'm new to this site and new to the whole car scene too. I've been researching cars for past year or so and am looking to get a 92-95 hatch, as i am only 15. I live in kelowna, BC and can't seem to find one anywhere near here for a decent price. In vancouver cx models are even like 4000, and i'm thinking of the si, because thats the only one with power steering, correct? Anyways, i'm not asking for you to go out and find me one, but if you know anyone local thats selling one please inform me, because beleive me, i've looked everywhere online on canadian sites for one. Haha, thanks guys and have a nice day, Alex =)

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good luck finding a cheap Civic in Canada :lol:

They're expensive as hell here. I bought my 95 Si coupe for just under 12K.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You don't look like you're too far from Washington state... I'm not sure how much you might have to pay to transfer the car into Canada, but why not look into cars for sale in Washington too? They'd be cheaper than that for sure.

Eg6-LiLbOy916

Dont Underestimate the"D"
5+ Year Member
AlexM said:
i'm thinking of the si, because thats the only one with power steering,
Forget PowerSteering hahaha .. that way you can get a work out while driving =]

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
haha, my parents say power steering is something really nice to have so i think it would be nice to have it in a car. If so, am i correct by saying the si is the only hatch to have it? Also, is there really any difference between the cx and the dx? Oh, one more thing, say i swap a gsr motor, can i run power steering then on a cx or something, or is that impossible?

I've looked at many cars in washington too, they are a little cheaper but not much, plus i dont really know how much duty and stuff would be.

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just keep looking around, keep your eyes peeled. I've been checking online, i'm on the east coast and there's lots of civics for sale around here, 96-00 from what i've seen ranging from 5000 to about 7500 or so, just depends really on what you're looking for

check out

www.autotrader.ca

Edit -- Check it out

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/result.aspx?searchtype=adv&kw=&dp=&age=&kfr=1&kto=2000000&category=4000&mk=HONDA&md=CIVIC&yfr=1992&yto=1995&pfr=0&pto=9999999&postal=&distance=&city=&pro=BC&r

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah, i've been using trader.ca, same thing as canadiantrader.com, but anyways, there are quit a few on the east coast, but even if they are 1 grand cheaper, you gotta pay for shipping and then it evens out really. Plus, i would be hesitant buyin one from the east, just because of how much salt they use on their roads, like in toronto and montreal.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well, i just looked at that link, theres a 92 vx and its like 6 grand...wow, and its the ugly teal color. I'm hoping to find one with really really high kilmotres for really cheap and do a motor swap, hopefully i can get one with good body and rather clean interior.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
HIgh mileage doesn't just affect the parts to be replaced during a motor swap though. So just keep that in mind...

Btw, a lot of people LOVE teal hatchies. They can look really good if done right.

Check NWstreetracing.com They have Civics for sale on there all the time. A lot of them will be priced higher than I'd pay... but probbaly not higher than you're already looking at. (And that's Canada too.)

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah, i realize that too...like all the other parts have more miles on them and what not. I guess people have different opinions on the colors, i'll be not so quick to judge next time, haha. Thanks for the link bud.