head light short or malfunction in 1998 honda civic

sschaefer17

Just recently installed halo projector r8 headlights in my 1998 honda civic. For some reason my high beam and low beam lights are reversed and my tail lights are only lighting up at night when i brake and use blinkers? Any idea why this is. Thanks

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Um, its wired wrong? Go back and double check everything. It's definitely in the wiring if everything worked fine before the install and now its acting up.

cvcrcr99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Did the brake lights work before? How do you have the halos wired up? Fuses checked? Bulbs for the tail lights checked? Did you play with any of the wiring, or did you simply realize it was wrong and decided to post here instead of figuring it out?

sschaefer17

If i knew what was wrong i wouldn't have posted a thread.

RonJ

Banned
Um, its wired wrong? Go back and double check everything. It's definitely in the wiring if everything worked fine before the install and now its acting up.
Did the brake lights work before? How do you have the halos wired up? Fuses checked? Bulbs for the tail lights checked? Did you play with any of the wiring, or did you simply realize it was wrong and decided to post here instead of figuring it out?
OP - you obviously wired the system incorrectly, yet you provide absolutely no information about your wire job. Without this key detailed information and some clear pictures, it would be difficult for anybody to help you.