Hi. New here.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I guess. It's a lot bloody faster than anything I've driven on the street.
So you've only ever driven a bicycle...
Honestly, I'd be surprised if your making 100hp to the wheels.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:popcorn: I don't think we have ever had a British person on the site before

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

SlinksterCool

Better butter up that thick skin girly, the flames are coming in HOT
Oh, I'm not worried.

So you've only ever driven a bicycle...
Honestly, I'd be surprised if your making 100hp to the wheels.
There's more than one kind of fast. This is street fast. For me. Granted, I've never streeted anything this fast. I've never had an import that wasn't a gutless wonder. My current basis for comparison is a 2007 nissan sentra with a 1st gen cvt. But. My strip car is an '87 mustang pulling high 9's, completely unresonable for street driving. So, y'know, fast.

[emoji14]opcorn: I don't think we have ever had a British person on the site before

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk
I'm not british. But hey, if that makes things more fun for you...

EdtheChipmunk

Respected
My current basis for comparison is a 2007 nissan sentra with a 1st gen cvt. But. My strip car is an '87 mustang pulling high 9's, completely unresonable for street driving. So, y'know, fast.
I owned a Sentra and they are by far fast so I can agree on that one. The matter of your strip car though, proof yo.

SlinksterCool

I owned a Sentra and they are by far fast so I can agree on that one. The matter of your strip car though, proof yo.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=298996353590620&id=254394528050803

This particular run is my dad driving, and it's an old vid, but yeah.

And my sentra? Naw, it's gutless. The 1st gen cvt's are utter bunk.

I posted the wrong video, like a butt. I'll find another one if I can.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Welcome to the forum! Regarding clutch, if your motor's stock I'd recommend an Exedy street clutch. They're relatively cheap, and work well for daily driving. I found a package deal when I bought mine, came with the clutch, pressure plate, and a flywheel as well (didn't really need the flywheel, but it wasn't much more than the clutch kit by itself, and I didn't have to worry about resurfacing my original one).
Also, post up some pics (of the car) so we can see what you're working with, particularly the trouble spots. It makes it easier to give advice.

Last edited:

bairdandrew77

Welcome. For the clutch, spend $100 on an oem replacement exedy clutch kit. That'll be plenty, even for lightly modded cars.

Suspension, I'd say oem replacement or koni/gc or function and form type 1. Or raceland if you want some decent eBay crap and only want it to look good in a parking lot.

Interior, don't know what you need help with. Just replace worn parts with nicer parts from the same car in your local junkyard.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:hi: Welcome to the site Vicky!

For basic everyday driving, an OEM or Exedy stage 1 clutch is perfect. An Exedy stage 2 clutch is decent enough for street yet agrressive enough for track racing. If you are dead set on performace and drag racing it, a CompTech stage 3 clutch is aggressive. Trust the reviews on it.

But if it's soul purpose to be a drag car, keep in mind without a sponsor, building a drag car costs money and will take years to put together if you don't have money. There is no half-assing it. That's from personal experience.

You can gut the interior completely, only leaving the basic steering, dash and one seat. Put in a roll cage (which most 1/4 mile tracks require one if you are under 11's). Put on upper, lower tie bars, motor mounts, replace all the bushings, tie rods, struts, coils etc... Decent suspension parts alone can run you close to $9k at a shop if you replace everything. If you do it yourself, you can shave off a grand in labor.

But it's only a D. No need to go all crazy and waste any money in suspension. I'd focus more under the hood first and foremost. A stock D series is pitiful unless it is internally built and turboed.