HID no low beams

hondacivic1992

So I just bought some HIDs the other day, just installed them today. Plugged everything in and when I turned on the lights nothing came on only parking lights came on. Tried high beams and they work as well. So the next thing I tried was unplugging the HID and plugging back in the stock bulb. turned on the lights and they work. No blown fuses so I'm not sure what's wrong with it.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You have them plugged in wrong. Also depending on what brand and style of bulb, most h.i.d. kits unless you specify are only low beam and no highs.

hondacivic1992

So is looks pretty similar to this. Connected the 3 prong to the headlight 3 prong. And then the 3 plugs plugged that directly into the ballast. Am I doing something wrong? Not sure how I plugged it in wrong

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
See that far right plug on the ballast? The 2 prongs mean that you only get a low beam. It's very common with these cheap chinese kits. You get what you pay for and the wiring is backwards half the time. Are you sure yours has 3 prongs on the one that goes into the stock plug? I bet it doesn't and only has 2. If it does it needs to be rewired. The top/middle prong is the low beam if I remember right and the cheap ass kits give you one that comes with the side 2 prongs with no middle one.

Google it and see if anyone has found a fix for it other than flipping the plug around.

Last edited:

hondacivic1992

Yeah I'm sure it has the 3 prongs that go back into the stock plug. Took a look at them again, and still nothing, only getting high beak no low beam. I'm going to give a call to the store I bought it from and see if they gave me the wrong set or something. Cause I didn't buy this online or anything, went to a shop to get something saw they had HID thought I would get some.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I got a set of HID's for free with an intake order from a buddy's shop. They were the shittiest, cheapest HID's ever, and I've had issues as well.. my high beams (I got a low-hi kit) don't work at all, and my passenger side light is dimming badly. The cheap ones are major s**t.

hondacivic1992

Well if I can't figure out why they don't work, still got the receipt so I can return them haha.

So I did plug them in wrong. the 2 prong that goes into the ballast I flipped it around and just tried it now and it works. Guess I'm keeping them. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

illest_bacsey

Hey I'm having problem with my 2001 civic sedan I also have no low beam can you help me I tried to rewired also or send me a picture