Honda Civic EX 1996

jujubee13

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't know if you all remember me, but I posted about a year ago for some advice, and I thought I'd ask again since last time worked so well - coming up on my 2 year anniversary with my boyfriend and he loves his car, but doesnt have much on it (he has gages, and the shift knob I got him last time, and a nice stereo... thats it). I can't spend much - only up to $100 or so - any advice?

onetwistedcivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
fi you could go a little over 100 some 99-00 taillights would be nice (red and white) if you dont wanna do over 100 you could prolly pick him up a short ram intake for pretty cheap

jujubee13

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how much do the taillights run? where would be a good place to find them?

onetwistedcivic said:
fi you could go a little over 100 some 99-00 taillights would be nice (red and white) if you dont wanna do over 100 you could prolly pick him up a short ram intake for pretty cheap

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jujubee13 said:
how much do the taillights run? where would be a good place to find them?

Ebay would be your best choice...you can find anything on ebay..

chimchim

iVTEC, do you?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, he needs some performance upgrades.

Ebay is usually the cheapest place.
AEM Cold Air Intake $130 or AEM Short Ram if you have deep rainy seasons where you live $100
H&R or Eibach springs $110 (he will need to do the washer trick and get an alignment)
1999/2000 Civic Si OEM rear sway bar $60
Energy Suspension polyurethane shifter bushings for manual transmission $15
NGK Spark plug wires $40 and NGK Iridium plugs part #ZFR5FIX-11 $25
Front strut tower bar $15-50 depending on brand/quality; it doesn't sound like he needs high performance so replicas are fine
Rear strut tower bar $15-50, just like the front strut bar
Gift Certificate at a detail shop $100
Gift Certificate at Tire Rack $100
Wheelskins leather steering wheel cover/wrap (makes the stock one look nice with a better, thicker grip) $40
Razo pedal covers $20-30
Type R replica black leather shift boot $25, ebrake boot $25, and arm rest cover $40

I highly recommend the Wheelskin. It can be as subtle a color as you want or as racey as you want. Yet at the same time, it makes a WORLD of different in the feel of the wheel. It improves it a lot and makes it feel almost MOMO-ish (a very nice brand that makes nice steering wheels).