how to boost UP thE VTEC ON 7TH GEN CIVIC

ex96vtec

AWD Build In Progess
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What do you mean by boost up the vtec? If you mean to change the vtec you can get a vafc2 which would let you raise and lower the point but you shouldnt do it on a stock engine. If you mean a boost in power you would need to get a camshaft.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
AHHAHAHAH Vtec! PSSSHHH I had a 7th gen, there is no power in the 7th gen vtec.

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah what do you wanna do. A can would boost it, or do you wanna change the activation point. I would leave it stock, honda put it there for a reason.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The VTEC can be set to engage at different RPMs with a VTEC controller. It can not be made stronger or weaker. I wouldnt recommend it though.. not unless you take it to a well qualified honda tuner who knows what the hell he/she's doing. And even then, he/she'll probably tell you it's not the greatest idea.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
jayz32123 said:
How Was Told You Can Boost Up The Vtec But I Wasnt Sure How I Do It.
you need to read on what vtec actually. long story short when vtec engages it opens valves which and your ecu raises its fuel maps. open valves means more air is coming in, that combined with more fuel = more power. but there are parts of your power band that dont respond well to more air + fuel, which is why vtec is set where it is from the factory. the only reason why anyone should consider changing where it engages is when they change theyre cams, or in your case cam.

sleakcivic02

5+ Year Member
well, boost UP vtec is not something u can do...but u can always boost it ur vtec engine.... get a t3/t04 or t3 super 60

90B16Ed

At Your Mom's House
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well if you read up on what Hondata did with the K24, it is very possible to do it with the k20a3... I have the whole article, I can tell you exactly what they did. So in technically you can "boost up" vtec...

sleakcivic02

5+ Year Member
90B16Ed said:
Well if you read up on what Hondata did with the K24, it is very possible to do it with the k20a3... I have the whole article, I can tell you exactly what they did. So in technically you can "boost up" vtec...
i want to see that article

90B16Ed

At Your Mom's House
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok I can tell you what they did tomorrow..I have it all at work. I'vebeen reading it to see what they did because I'm trying to build a the motor in a ED7. I've been doing a lot of reseach on a lot of things.. I'm trying to build a couple of typs of cars.... I don't see how you wont be able to do it with the K20A3, if they did it with the K24...so... I'll def let you guys know.
H22ED7
b18aED9
K20ED9