Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
im not an expert but since the car has an air intake thing does it slow it down
Most aftermarket intakes do little to nothing for performance on a civic. These little motors just don't pull that much air. I'm pretty sure a Hoover moves more air.
buy a v8 car, it will make you moist in your nether region
:lol: ...And dry in the wallet region!

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Few options A) turbo build boost then launch B) supercharger constant power if you have d series hard to find supercarger since no more are made. C) engine swap D) buy or trade for another car its a civic aka economy car they were not built for racing E) listen to others.

reg_lus

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ALL MOTOR if you want a quick take off. :D acceleration
TURBO is more of a high end.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
suprised nobody even asked it he had a manual trans. Revving that engine and then dumping the clutch wil get ya launched fast (or at least spin the tires) but I assumed he wasn't able to because he's in an auto and can't control his RPMS prior to launching. SO, are you using an auto of manual trans?
Manual, all the prior posts about good clutch are great advise (and boost or headwork are good for either one). If in an auto, may want to consider a trans swap.You also mentioned it was a Vtec engine, but which one? Hope it's the d16z6, and not the economy vtec that also came in our cars.
And please try to keep the racing off the streets

086head

Registered VIP
easy....spend money ;) theres always a way to spend money! turbo, swap, all motor, supercharger... just dont expect bolt ons to make your car go from 0-60 in 2 seconds. I would look at porting/resurfacing your motor, headers, intake, fuel pump and injectors with a tune. Good air flow with good fuel being pumped into it.