Icebox style intake for 7th Gens?

NSZteg

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is there a Comptech Icebox-style intake system for 7th gen Civic's? Specifically a 2005 EX manual. I ask because I'd like to upgrade my intake system, but I want it to be quiet. I have the Comptech Icebox on my Integra and it's a nice acceptable volume level. If I have to I'll just get a K&N drop in filter, but I figured I'd ask if there's anything else out there that's quiet. I don't expect stock quietness with any aftermarket system.

And please save the "Don't be a pussy" comments. This is going to be my only engine mod to this car, so I wanna get it right the first time. I'm keeping this car quiet and comfortable to drive, it's my DD. My Integra is my HP beast, not my new Civic, but I know the nice little power bump an intake gives and the improved gas mileage is nice too. Thanks guys.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Take out the resonator off the intake system if you want a little more noise than stock when you punch it, and throw in a k&n drop in.

that's what i have. =)

but then again it's your daily driver, it's probably a better idea to keep the resonator on the intake. if you drive far often.

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Take out the resonator off the intake system if you want a little more noise than stock when you punch it, and throw in a k&n drop in.

that's what i have. =)

but then again it's your daily driver, it's probably a better idea to keep the resonator on the intake. if you drive far often.
where is the resonator at?

Pineapples

Yes, I'm a n00b. Bite me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
install it. If it's too loud, shut the engine off. Then it's quiet.

NSZteg

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm starting to think I'm gonna give to this sie alot more than I'm gonna get out of it.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
it's the biggest piece of plastic right next to the Fuse box. air goes into it to muffle the noise of the intake.

I mean seriously look under your hood it's not hard to miss it at all. if your car is stock

Silver Bullet

6 spd = titis
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
even if his car wasent stock u can see that big black plastic box

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
well if its connected to the stock intake. i already ripped it out just like anyone else thats gonna/have replaced it.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
well of course you ripped it out, because you have to make way for an aftermarket intake system, or the pipes wouldn't go anywhere. lol

sorry for the thread jack, OP